Data not Fetched after setting filter in shortcut (new doc)

I added a new shortcut (DocType: Stock Entry, DocType View: New) to the dashboard (custom workspace). When setting any filters (for example, stock entry type = unpack), the stock entry type is not adjusted. Any filter set during shortcut creation is not applied. However, when displaying the shortcut in list view, the filter works; it does not function in the new document view.

I want to set the values of some form fields when clicking on the shortcut.

It appears the filters are to be used for list view, not new docs. The filters section should probably be hidden when choosing “new”. When I tried using the filter
to repopulate the description field, it prepended it with the operator (like, =, >) and a comma, then my string.

You can try creating a custom link via the Custom HTML Block. I tried this with no real testing. Create a custom HTML block with a hyper link to your new doc. I created one for “new product bundle”. Here’s the code inside my custom HTML block. This will start the creation of a new bundle with the Description prefilled with “hello”.

<a href=/app/product-bundle/new-product-bundle-tvnmqgwawo?description=hello>testLink</a>

This does show an “X” as an error “Unexpected character in unquoted attribute…” but the link works when adding the custom HTML block to a workspace.

Also notice the random string “tvnmqgwawo” in the URL. I’m not sure what happens if you use the link more than once… testing will need to be done.