Delimiter of Variants. Need "/" instead of "-"

I have a usescase where a customer has detailed SKU’s for all it’s Item Variants.

The Spelling comes close to what ERPNext does by default, but there is one discrepancy which is breaking my neck at the moment.

ERPNext takes the Item Name/Code and adds the Abbreviation of each Attribute Value divided by dashes to it in order to create the unique Variant Name/Code

Let me give an example with 3 Attributes

ERPNext

Item - value1 - value2 - value3

Our Customer

Item - value1 / value2 - value3

The difference being the “/” instead of the default “-” between value1 & value2

Is there any way to achieve this? I have tried data import where I changed all entries in the csv template I got from ERPNext and imported those back. Even though the import said “success” I still have “-” everywhere and no “/”.

EDIT: A similar data import operation has been working for me before where I wanted to change the delimiter between the Item and the 1st Attribute Value (Item/value1-value2-value3) but maybe this is a different cup of tea?

I can make these changes (in the Variant’s Name as well as the Variant’s Code) manually, but’d prefer an automated process.

I’d even be willing to pass an SQL command to my database if that’s the solution but do not have the SQL skills to come up with the right command myself though. It’s the tabItem table and the columns name & item_name which would require the change

From here…the SQL would be something like this…

update TABLE_NAME 
set FIELD_NAME = replace(FIELD_NAME, 'find this string', 'replace found string with this string');

that worked fantastic and get’s bookmarked. thx