Delivery Note: "Get items from" Does Find Any Sales Order

Hi,

I am trying to submit a delivery note from a sales invoice.

As no items were populated, I clicked the Get items from and then Sales Order buttons. Normally ERPNext shows a list of documents to select, but in my case there were no documents listed:

I then entered the sales order number directly into the search field and pressed enter, but the document still was not be found:

My account is hosted on erpnext.com, which currently has the following apps installed:

• ERPNext: v7.1.15
  • Frappe Framework: v7.1.15

I am not sure if this is a bug or if there is some error in my workflow. Therefore any suggestions are highly welcome!

Cheers,

Stefan

@bytesource,

In Delivery Note Get Item From Sales Order is filtered by sales orders Status, Customer, Project, and Percentage Delivered fields.

Please check erpnext/delivery_note.js at develop · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

Thanks, Makarand

Make sure SO exists for the company and customer you have entered or else keep customer field blank to fetch all the SO.

The status of the sales order that is linked to the sales invoice I want to add a delivery note to is “Completed”. So I guess it should appear in a list of possible sales orders.

Cheers,

Stefan

The sales order definitely exists and I can open it from inside the sales invoice’s “Related Documents” section.

I tried removing the customer name from the draft of the Delivery Note, but even then not a single sales order is displayed.

I have no idea why the drop down list is empty. The sales order is valid and there are other sales orders as well, but still nothing is displayed.

Cheers,

Stefan

I kind of hoped the latest version update would fix the issue, but I still cannot make a delivery note from inside a sales invoice, that is when visiting the relevant sales invoice and clicking on Make => Delivery, the item list is empty (however freight charges are listed).

Clicking on Get items from => Sales Order just opens a blank search field. Searching for the relevant sales order ID does not yield any results either.

This leaves me with not being able to finalize the accounting of any project, which is a real issue for me.

Could it be I did anything wrong in the process?

Cheers,

Stefan

Well this is confusing, in the Demo:
https://demo.erpnext.com
when making a new invoice just now, does not seem to work, empty field…