"Did not save" on projects

Hello pals,

I’ve run into an strange problem in erpnext. I’m trying to create some projects in order to test the project copy functionality but discovered that i couldn’t save brand new or copied projects. The error message shown is “Did not save” without any other message, error log, apache log nor screen message showing what could it be. What should i test to try to fix it?
Besides that, i created some custom fields {a section breaker and a pack of text areas}, all non required. Could this be the error?

The functionality I was trying to check and solve was, when copying projects (in order to make a duplicate project functionality) copy also the tasks and milestones within, which are cleaned when i save it. How could this duplicate tasks be done? I will keep them all with the same scheduled time but always change the date of the tasks relatively to the start of the project. The same goes upon milestones.

Hi Adriano,

we have tested in out test environment, but did not found any issue. It is likely your customization related problem. Please check if there is any error in Firebug, if you are using Firefox. In Chrome, check Javascript Console.

And regarding "Copy" functionality, by default all fields copied when you copy any document. If you do not want to copy any specific field, you should mark "No Copy" property for that field in the doctype/customize forms. In Project, milestone table will be copied but task list will not, because task is a separate form, only displayed here.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On 03-Jan-2013, at 10:30 PM, Adriano wrote:

when copying projects (in order to make a duplicate project functionality) copy also the tasks and milestones within, which are cleaned when i save it.

Em sexta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2013 03h08min51s UTC-2, Nabin Hait escreveu:

Hi Adriano,

we have tested in out test environment, but did not found any issue. It is likely your customization related problem. Please check if there is any error in Firebug, if you are using Firefox. In Chrome, check Javascript Console.

This was the output:

File “…/lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py”, line 56, in savedocs
raise e
OperationalError: (1054, “Unknown column ‘requisitos’ in ‘field list’”) 

Requisitos is a text area field I created. It doesn’t seem to find it. This message repeats a lot of times when trying to save, in JS error log. What could be done about it?

And regarding “Copy” functionality, by default all fields copied when you copy any document. If you do not want to copy any specific field, you should mark “No Copy” property for that field in the doctype/customize forms. In Project, milestone table will be copied but task list will not, because task is a separate form, only displayed here.

How would I be able to make it copy task list as well, then? I didn’t check the code structure, so a point to where look would save up some time ^^

Regards,
Nabin Hait

when copying projects (in order to make a duplicate project functionality) copy also the tasks and milestones within, which are cleaned when i save it.

Hi Adriano,

Can we move this discussion to the developer forum?

It seems that the system did not create a field when you added one in the doctype. Did you create the field via DocType or via Custom Field?

Please reply back on the developer forum.

best,
Rushabh

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Adriano <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

Em sexta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2013 03h08min51s UTC-2, Nabin Hait escreveu:
Hi Adriano,

This was the output:
File "../lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py", line 56, in savedocs raise e OperationalError: (1054, "Unknown column 'requisitos' in 'field list'")
Requisitos is a text area field I created. It doesn't seem to find it. This message repeats a lot of times when trying to save, in JS error log. What could be done about it?

And regarding "Copy" functionality, by default all fields copied when you copy any document. If you do not want to copy any specific field, you should mark "No Copy" property for that field in the doctype/customize forms. In Project, milestone table will be copied but task list will not, because task is a separate form, only displayed here.

How would I be able to make it copy task list as well, then? I didn't check the code structure, so a point to where look would save up some time ^^

Regards,
Nabin Hait

--

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta