When I run the Trial Balance for Party for a specific account (say a Debtors Account - Debtors - ABCD) the balance in this account as on a particular date is different from the balance in the Trial Balance for the same account (Debtors - ABCD).
I’m brain dead trying to figure out why this could happen - I tried knocking off default Payables Account from the Supplier Master. I tried to check if any Supplier is disabled. Everything seems to be in order, yet, I seem to have this vexing issue.
Okay, figured out the problem: the client had posted an Employee’s transactions to a Supplier’s Payable account.
My bad, that I was only looking for supplier balances when I was looking at this payable account.
On that note I want to say that 99.9% of the inconsistencies that users notice while working with ERPNext is do with errors or mistakes that users would have committed rather than anything to do with ERPNext. ERPNext works consistently, correctly and it is highly unlikely that you have discovered that 1 case in 1,000 where maybe there is something slightly amiss with ERPNext.
And even in such cases the awesome guys that manage the code get it fixed quickly.
I have never implemented any other ERP other than ERPNext. So, it is very easy to take things for granted.
But recently I had the opportunity to look at an OpenBravo implementation at a prospect’s and I was shocked at how hard it is to do some things on OpenBravo that is so, so, so simple on ERPNext.
BTW: Community Edition support on OpenBravo has ended almost a year back, so all you OpenBravo Community Edition users out there - embrace ERPNext. It will be the best decision you will make in your life. And if you are on OpenBravo Enterprise Edition - embrace ERPNext - In addition to making the best decision in your life - you will save a ton of money.