Different Test-Installations end with 404 or Internal Server Eror

Hi,
try to install ERPNext on different machines to test & try:

Proxmox Server with VM Ubuntu23
Install with easy Install Script GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps
I get an internal Sever error.
Portainer:

Why ist the configurator exited?
Here ist the 404 Error

Proxmox Server with VM Ubuntu22
Next try with GitHub - flexcomng/erpnext_quick_install: Unattended install script for ERPNext Versions, 13, 14 and 15
Now i got an internal Server error

Whats wrong?

THX
MikeXXL

IIRC the configurator configurates certain things and then exits, in other words, that in itself is normal behavior (unless it exits prematurely).

404 could be a hint that you didn’t configure a site, or some network problems.

You could (1) take a look at the logs of the different containers, and (2) debug the network access from your browser to the proxy to see if that’s the problem.

Hi Peer,
thx for your reply.
Network ist fine, thats not the problem.

where do i have to config the site and other stuff in the container?

Easy Install, i startet with:
python3 easy-install.py --prod --project test01 --email blabla@gmail.com

So more i read, i am not the only one with theses problems…

Greetings
MikeXXL

There are several different ways to set up a frappe instance with ERPNext.

If you want to use containers, I suggest you read the container configuration files you used and strive to understand every parameter of it. Then things should become clear and you will have learned what you need to stably use it according to your intent.

The config files (like pwd.yml in frappe-docker, or similar ones for different use case of containers) in the official repos do contain the configuration parameters for a successful setup, so, doing what I suggested, you will learn how to use containers correctly (if you are not yet fluent in it) as well as how a current frappe/erpnext combo is configured correctly.

It’s a bit tedious maybe, but still these are the basic technicalities to get it going.

Updating is a somewhat different story, because you might want to evaluate these before use in production, but for this you will need these skills, too.

With “configure a site” I meant what is done via cli-commands (if in the container building and setup process, or manually or via script if you set up a dev instance on a bare metal linux os):
bench new-site yoursitename
bench --site yoursitename install-app erpnext
and also setting up DNS/DHCP/hosts file to have you browser access it (at the containerset-external IP address of the “published ports” as your screenshot shows it).
So you’ll also need to know what for and how to use “bench” correctly.