DigitalOcean 1-Click Default Passwords

Well when I saw that ERPNext now has a DigitalOcean 1-Click install I thought finally the project was moving in the right direction as far as making installations feasible for mere mortals.

But it wouldn’t be ERPNext if you didn’t spend at least a few hours trying to get the installation working.

What are the default passwords for the 1-Click install? I’ve tried “Administrator” “admin”, I’ve tried “frappe” “frappe”, “root” “frappe”. I’ve tried every combination I can imagine.

Alright, I’ve figured it out. I feel kind of stupid. Logon with SSH using “root” and your droplets root password, the one you set when you create the droplet instance.

Once you’ve done this you will be prompted to create a new password for the site and a new Mariadb password.

As obvious as this all now seems, I still think this information should be included in the 1-Click guide. The brief guide implies that the default user is frappe.

Anyway, perhaps it was just my expectation that it would be as difficult as every other install that made my brain completely shutdown the moment I couldn’t login.

Overall I think this 1-Click is a great move! Well done!

1 Like

Hi,

Can you please list the steps in detail. I am stuck with same issue for 1-click install on Digitalocean.

1 Like

Yes, this should be definitely on the 1-Click guide. Although it is for some an obvious step, techs should never take for granted that the user making the installation knows these steps should be implemented. It is just not practical and makes the whole process of 1-Click not coherent.

But what if you log in using the console, not SSH?