Discount, taxes, write off

Time for a few issues J

Seems that ERPNEXt is having its seat in Wikipedia.

1)      Write Off Outstanding Amount Automatically

I have searched, and searched……………. But cannot locate where this account is to be defined.

2)      Taxes, charges and discounts.

I believe a flexible system that can handle these is important to many/all/most of ERPNext customers.

a.       I suggest the following: The discount given in the item table is automatically written two an account head (discounts). The advantage of this is that all discounts given here are automatically recorded, not only those one under the charges/tax table

b.      Some careful thinking how to make the Tax & other table “all-round”. Probably the present types (on net total, actual) should be extended a bit.

Applying a percentage discount on the net total with  a list of Items having different VAT (6 and 19%) is now hardly possible.

Rgds robert

Dear Robert,

Please find replies to your queries below.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM, robert <be…@gmail.com> wrote:

Time for a few issues J

Seems that ERPNEXt is having its seat in Wikipedia.

1) Write Off Outstanding Amount Automatically

I have searched, and searched……………. But cannot locate where this account is to be defined.

In case of sales POS invoice, you will find write off amounts related fields in payment section.

Inline image 1

In purchase invoice, its under Totals (last) section.
Inline image 2

2) Taxes, charges and discounts.

I believe a flexible system that can handle these is important to many/all/most of ERPNext customers.

a. I suggest the following: The discount given in the item table is automatically written two an account head (discounts). The advantage of this is that all discounts given here are automatically recorded, not only those one under the charges/tax table.

Account calculation against account head is a work around in system. Ideally its defined for each item independently. One needing this feature can simply have discount rate mapped under discount column in transactions.

Still we will add this feature on list where discount booking also happens consolidating discounted amount for each item.

b. Some careful thinking how to make the Tax & other table “all-round”. Probably the present types (on net total, actual) should be extended a bit.

Applying a percentage discount on the net total with a list of Items having different VAT (6 and 19%) is now hardly possible.

Noted.

Rgds robert

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

---- ERPNext - World's most affordable ERP ----