Dreamhost E-mail Setup

I am using Dreamhost as my e-mail provider for my domain. When I try to setup the domain for my email addresses, it keeps saying “Connection Timed Out” does anybody know a potential work around for this, or can anyone provide a workaround for this problem?

How am I supposed to add a domain, if it continuously times out on the connection. How am I supposed to use the e-mail functionality of the software if I can’t add an email address. I have everything setup for those e-mail accounts on my server, but can’t seem to get my ERPNext install to validate that.

I have even tried using the IP address for the mail servers in my domain setting screen, but that doens’t work either!

Are you using your local server or using a cloud platform for hosting?

I am using a local server for hosting the ERPNext software, but my email is served by Dreamhost where I have my domains registered.

Check if you can ping dreamhost domain from your server, maybe some network setting needed

I am able to ping the mail server address as well as the IP

This is the Network log in Chrome. Maybe it can shed some light on things? I don’t do development with network access, so I don’t really know what I am looking at here.

Request URL:http://10.0.0.156/
Request Method:POST
Status Code:504 Gateway Time-out
Remote Address:10.0.0.156:80
Referrer Policy:no-referrer-when-downgrade
Response Headers
view source
Connection:keep-alive
Content-Length:594
Content-Type:text/html
Date:Thu, 27 Jul 2017 04:23:57 GMT
Server:nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)
Request Headers
view source
Accept:application/json, text/javascript, /; q=0.01
Accept-Encoding:gzip, deflate
Accept-Language:en-US,en;q=0.8
Connection:keep-alive
Content-Length:591
Content-Type:application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
Cookie:selling_price_list=Standard%20Selling; io=YKy_ajvIWoUm7-Q0AAAO; user_image=; user_id=vincenzo%40heartlandwoodshop.com; system_user=yes; full_name=Vincenzo%20Fehring; sid=446ac035f7f65e7135a02394be5cf2953c3603690132fe94796d1918
Host:10.0.0.156
Origin:http://10.0.0.156
Referer:http://10.0.0.156/desk
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/59.0.3071.115 Safari/537.36
X-Frappe-CSRF-Token:dcff6d92148333f05d21b1ab0cdb640f5928226845ffd1510c263dad
X-Requested-With:XMLHttpRequest
Form Data
view source
view URL encoded
doc:{“docstatus”:0,“doctype”:“Email Domain”,“name”:“New Email Domain 2",“__islocal”:1,“__unsaved”:1,“owner”:"vincenzo@heartlandwoodshop.com,“attachment_limit”:1,“email_id”:"vincenzo@heartlandwoodshop.com",“domain_name”:“heartlandwoodshop.com”,“email_server”:“mail.heartlandwoodshop.com”,“use_imap”:1,“use_ssl”:1,“smtp_server”:“mail.heartlandwoodshop.com”,“use_tls”:1,“smtp_port”:“465”}
action:Save
cmd:frappe.desk.form.save.savedocs

Use the nc command to check if you are able to connect to the hosting site from you erpnext instance console
If you cannot connect it means your ISP / hosting /firewall is blocking the port

I would like to suggest to the community to make a simple php based API available which can be installed on a webhosting and called from local erp installations to send email , in case of port blocking ?

I ended up just shelling out the money for DreamCompute cloud hosting, and that works. I am curious as if it had something to do with the fact that my actual domain wasn’t pointed to the external IP for my server.