Drop ship purchase order has no reference back to sales order that created it

Hi created a sales order with drop ship items. I did a make purchase order from the SO. My SO has a reference to the PO it created under Related Documents->Purchasing->Purchase Order. But my purchase order has no reference back to the Sales Order. How do I put one in? Can I put a link back to the original SO? If I need to do custom code how would I go about doing so?

Hi @Nathan

Check purchase order item’s WAREHOUSE AND REFERENCE section, you can see the link field of sales order

thanks @rohit_w . Any reason it’s not in the reference section to be consistent with everything else?

Hi @Nathan[quote=“Nathan, post:3, topic:24627”]
Any reason it’s not in the reference section to be consistent with everything else?
[/quote]

Do you mean reference not displaying for some sales orders? Reference of sales order in the purchase order item is only for the drop shipping purchase orders

The information is only available at the item level. I was thinking at the document level. It was thinking it should go at the top like this:

I have the same issue, no way to track the SO from the Supplier-PO, for some or other reason the reference is available for SO under PO but not linked at all