Drop Shipping + Available Stock

Good Day

Not sure if i go about this the wrong way, but would like to know if it possible to show in stock or not on website shopping cart according to supplier available stock if using drop shipping?

Thank You

How does ERPNext get item availability state from supplier, in real time?

Good Day

I see your point, but with me i wrote a python script that collects the supplier price list in csv/xml format and will update supplier stock on custom field i added, but would like to know how other people handle this.

Would maybe be nice to add fuctionality to read the standard formats to import supplier products / Price and availability as more suppliers now do supply these information to their resellers.

Thank You

Why did you add new field instead of importing these data from your supplier into your stock ?
With a file generated from your supplier and a schedule batch you could do this automatically

Good Day

Thank You for your reply.

I just need to understand: if i import into my stock, does it not add value to my company where stock at supplier still belong to them? the only reason i want to show quantity on my side is for customers to know they can order this product online from me.

I consider you propose this item only in drop shipping so the item stock must be accounted as your supplier stock.
I think you can use 2 warehouses if you want to separate your stock and your supplier stock

Good Day

Is it possible to have a warehouse where it would not influence your stock value (Cost to Company)?

Thank You

You should ask to an accountant but I think it’s possible to create a specific account for this kind of operation.
The best solution should be to have an API for getting stock amount from your supplier

I already have “API” to get live values from my suppliers, but need to know how to handle this as i can buy stock to keep in my warehouse for selling or can drop ship from supplier. I dont want to create multiple items for each product, but would like the flexibility.

Thank You