E-way bill for Sub-contract

Dear Friends,

May i know how to generate E-way bill for sending material to sub-contractor through ERPNEXT, if available.

Any body using customized e-way bill for sub-contract.

Kindly help to resolve this issue.

regards
H Raju

@snv
Having same issue. searching for solution.
In Indian scenario, it is mandatory to generate e-waybill if goods is transferred for subcontracting (job work).

1 Like

Its possible to generate the same from Delivery Note starting v14.

Delivery Note is for selling. We need to send item for subcontract to suppliers(vendors),in return they process and give subcontract receipt with invoice.
If we do that in delivery note it will be in the status of " item delivered but not billed" .
Currently we are running version 14

I see your concern here.

Following is the standard way to process Job Work:
https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v14/user/manual/en/manufacturing/subcontracting

Here instead of Stock Entry, Delivery Note should be used if you wish to generate an e-Waybill.

Why Delivery Note?

• Govt Expects Delivery Note for such use cases.
  • It has all the party and GST fields required.
  • Works very similar to Stock Entry and doesn’t affect party accounts.

Care to be taken

• You will need to create a customer (for your vendor) although no accounting is done against him.
  • Select the appropriate warehouse in Item (supplier warehouse).
  • Create a purchase receipt when you receive the materials.

e-Waybill preview

Valid Issues

This can be taken care of with additional fields and validations. We will keep this in mind and add a fix for this.

Edit:

For now you can mark the status as closed for delivery note as Sales Invoice is not required to be created.

2 Likes

Thank you for you kind reply.
Is this workaround? Or this is how workflow works in the software?.
Will any other aspects of modules(software) affect by using this work around?

For following scenarios material transfers can be done from delivery note or purchase receipts
https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v14/user/manual/en/stock/articles/material-transfer-from-delivery-note#scenarios

No

2 Likes

There are few things that I have observed.

1. We cannot enable target warehouse in delivery note since our supplier(vendors) are not internal customer. Since we maintain separate creditor account and also link the supplier as a customer in party linking. (we also sell our goods to our supplier)
  2. If Subcontract Purchase order is created we cannot send (issue/transfer) items against Purchase order in delivery note.
  3. Material Transfer Status cannot be tracked
  4. In balance sheet (Accounting) we may occur improper value.

In my suggestion it is better and correct to not mix up subcontract material transfer with Delivery Note material transfer for the sake to create e-waybill.
Since CGST , SGST OR IGST value will be zero and only value of goods required while generating e-waybill with supplier details.
And I feel that correct solution would be by creating separate button in ‘Stock entry’ where it generates the E-wayBill Json file by using the details in the stock entry.

I could be wrong also since I’m new to this software. Even I have to deeply go through the documentations of modules and its purpose.
Thank you.

Thank you for the feedback. We would see on how we can best improve workflow here and get back.

I would agree that a Delivery Note is not the best way to do it (currently), but neither is Stock Entry.

It’s not just the tax accounts that are important but also HSN, transport info, party addresses and that’s pretty much everything that would be required to be recreated in Stock Entry.

Stock Entry is designed as an Internal Document and should be avoided for external transactions.

Maybe what we can do, is create a smoother flow of transactions to better include Delivery Notes as a part of the workflow. However, this may be in the Scope of ERPNext and we would get in touch with the team to improve the experience here.

1 Like

@Smit_Vora Trust me, This is a highly required workflow. A major % of Manufacturing companies are working this way (sub-contracting).

1 Like