Editing Knowledge Base

Ideally, I’d like to be able to embed links, SOPs and documents in this area with simple HTML… would it be possible to either edit the Knowledge Base page or have another simple area I could link to from to the main menu?  

I don’t need any assistance with the page itself, just the ability to edit what’s displayed to the users. Having a single area for me to populate with commonly needed information would be amazingly helpful…

Tim

Tim - 

I think Knowledge Base where you can manage what you see on the home page like a Wiki should be ideal.

Will put it in my list but can't promise timeline :)

Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 24-Dec-2012, at 4:10 AM, Tim <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ideally, I'd like to be able to embed links, SOPs and documents in this area with simple HTML.. would it be possible to either edit the Knowledge Base page or have another simple area I could link to from to the main menu?  
I don't need any assistance with the page itself, just the ability to edit what's displayed to the users. Having a single area for me to populate with commonly needed information would be *amazingly* helpful...

Tim

Thank you, Rushabh - I realize you have a long list of functionality to catch up on with limited resources, so I won't expect to see it any time soon. I'm appreciative to have it added to the list regardless.

Thank you!

Tim

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Tim -

I think Knowledge Base where you can manage what you see on the home page like a Wiki should be ideal.

Rushabh

Ideally, I'd like to be able to embed links, SOPs and documents in this area with simple HTML.. would it be possible to either edit the Knowledge Base page or have another simple area I could link to from to the main menu?

I don't need any assistance with the page itself, just the ability to edit what's displayed to the users. Having a single area for me to populate with commonly needed information would be amazingly helpful…

Tim

Tim,

Actually it depends on the mood. The new UI changes were not on the list but just felt inspired to do them :) - There are a lot of features screaming to be made but somehow get delayed. Then there are all these features that are already made, but not released because we fear that it might make some users unhappy.

I have already seen speed increases when we get good feedback from users and also more signups. The social validation creates a kind of a virtuous cycle!

best,
Rushabh

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Timothy Baker <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you, Rushabh - I realize you have a long list of functionality to catch up on with limited resources, so I won't expect to see it any time soon. I'm appreciative to have it added to the list regardless.

Thank you!

Tim

Tim -

Rushabh

I don't need any assistance with the page itself, just the ability to edit what's displayed to the users. Having a single area for me to populate with commonly needed information would be amazingly helpful…

Tim

--

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta
I can relate to that.. one of the primary selling points convincing our company to go with ERPNext was the ongoing development/improvement ethic. They had been using a more expensive, less flexible program that was not only difficult to navigate, but nearly impossible to customize. In the past few months they've been able to do more with ERPNext than 2 years with its predecessor.

Tim

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Tim,

Actually it depends on the mood. The new UI changes were not on the list but just felt inspired to do them :) - There are a lot of features screaming to be made but somehow get delayed. Then there are all these features that are already made, but not released because we fear that it might make some users unhappy.

I have already seen speed increases when we get good feedback from users and also more signups. The social validation creates a kind of a virtuous cycle!

best,
Rushabh

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Timothy Baker <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you!

Tim

Tim -

Rushabh

Tim

--

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta