Editing site_config.json

I have restored a complete mirror image of my full VPS server running ERPNext v10 to another identical VPS server so I could keep a running copy for testing.

I edited the site_config.json file to remove all of the old domain references and the encryption keys since they would no longer be valid. What remains is the following:
(the db name and db password were sanitized for this example)

{
“db_name”: “1xxxxxxxxxxxxxx0”,
“db_password”: “9yyyyyyyyyyyyyy0”,
“limits”: {
“space_usage”: {
“database_size”: 144.81,
“files_size”: 6.0,
“total”: 206.81,
“backup_size”: 56.0
}
}

I am concerned because there appears to be an extra open brace that doesn’t have a closing brace to match.

So I am curious if it is safe to just delete everything from “limits” to the first closing brace and leave the file like this:

{
“db_password”: “9yyyyyyyyyyyyyy0”,
}

I notice that other sites on the multi-tenant do not have anything but their dn_name and db_password entries.

If I edit the site1.local version of site_config.json to eliminate everything except the db_name and db_password entries, will the system regenerate the other items later during the course of just using the application?

I am just looking to clean up anything that I might have already messed up by editing the file in the first place. Not sure if the weird brace configuration is something I caused of not, but I want to give the system it’s best chance of working properly by fixing this file.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

BKM

Is safe to just delete everything from “limits” to the first closing brace and leave the file like this:

Yes but delete the “,” before the closing bracket like below

{
“db_password”: “9yyyyyyyyyyyyyy0”
}

Will the system regenerate the other items later during the course of just using the application

Yes

It looks like you have a missing closing brace. Below is an example of what gets generated depending on settings:

{
 "db_name": "111111111111111", 
 "db_password": "22222222222222", 
 "developer_mode": 1, 
 "encryption_key": "123457678-123457678-123457678", 
 "limits": {
  "space_usage": {
   "backup_size": 1.0, 
   "database_size": 18.59, 
   "files_size": 1.0, 
   "total": 20.59
  }
 }
}

Thank you!!

That makes it easier to straighten out this test server.

BKM