[Enhancement Proposal] Add Functions to Item Cart Area in Existing Offline POS

@Saqib_Ansari We have reached this stage UI as of now. This has been designed based on real world users response/feedback to existing ERPNext POS, their actual needs and to ensure all the functions are available bang in front. Over past two years we have pushed ERPNext to all our customers and have improved functions wherever possible. We have seen many POS ourselves right from MS Dynamics, Wincor Nixdorf to the unknown ones. We have also sold and installed few other POS which are easy to use than ours.

This is being built on V11 and is targeted to finish by next week, hopefully.

Enhanced%20POS%20-%20Action%20Items

There has been slight modification of the POS codes and since then users have not complained about any missing invoice. In fact some to the forum users have also found it to be stable.

From your post my understanding is that all POS invoices will be in the local browser cache. Please clarify this further. Frankly, I would not go down the road of end of day sales positing until and there is a tried and tested database on local machine, something like MS SQL Express, to store the data. Its too much of risk already with offline POS even though it syncs at 3 minutes interval. Business owners want real time reports which is not possible in end of day process.

To be realistic you will need to refactor the whole POS to make impression to end users especially the retail supermarkets etc.

1 Like

Hello,

Really appreciate your response and i agree to the gl thing as were using a different ledger to post daily sales.

But can got confirm if the invoice will be posted in real time or only after day closing?

Regarding the ui changes and the additional buttons we can help the core team with that.

Feel free to DM with me for further discussion.

No. There will be another document (POS Invoice) almost similar to Sales Invoice and will be stored in the db in real-time. It will be a lot faster as no background processing will be done on submission of this intermediate invoice.

Also there will be 2 ways to process merging of POS Invoices into Sales Invoice first it can be automated on POS Closing, second way would be that a doctype which will have a table containing the references to POS Invoices which are to be merged and on submission of this document the merged Sales Invoice will be created and submitted. So basically you can create a new “Merging Process” document, add all the POS Invoices and submit it.

To clarify things, all this will be done for online POS. We have yet to finalise a decision regarding offline POS.

1 Like

If this is for online PoS then the work by @Muzzy and his team is still very relevant.

Personally no one of my locations is using online PoS because it is just not practical from an internet perspective.

I also lean towards the new UI by @Muzzy as shown above. If it can be achieved it will be a game changer for retail adópters of ERPNext. The current UI is painfully inadequate for real life retailing.

I will strongly advise team Frappe to listen to users/service providers who have real life experience in the Retail world and it’s needs.

Olamide

4 Likes

So refreshing to finally see there is hope!

Our experience has been using online POS in several clients which their number 1 concern is how slow it is and how many steps… I remember the time when we only need to use the keyboard ( Free POS Software / Free Cash Register Program. ), which is still very practical.

@fkardame is there a way to have offline POS for certain profile ?? The only reason we can’t use offline mode is because we need to generate a naming series per invoice for government regulations.

@Saqib_Ansari thank you for the follow up for all this, is there a timeline for this?

@Muzzy awesome! Are you going to merge with \fkardame version?

Yes @eagoweb Development is on the same app.

Hi @Saqib_Ansari

Thanks a lot for giving some feedback. As mentioned by other members, it would be good for the team to consider adopting some of the improvements made to the Offline POS as well. I know that Events Streaming is a major focus for offline functionality but the Offline POS will still be of great importance and value in scenarios where a full offline client is not required or where users are not so technically inclined

Cheers

Hi @wale

Is there any way to test the efficacy of this streaming events ?

Hi @olamide_shodunke,

I believe it’s been merged to the Develop branch so you can just install a test instance on Develop and test away :grinning:

Kind regards,

Lol

Have you tested it yet?

That will be V13?

Nah, hands are quite full… Yeah, Develop will become V13 when it’s ready for release I guess

Not yet. Will try putting a timeline after I finish the roadmap.

Hi @Saqib_Ansari, I hope you are doing great, is there something we can do to help you out or any other stuff you might need? I think all the users combine in this thread has a big experience on retail POS so maybe we can bring solutions to problems we see every day and at the end of the day we all want for this to succeed.

1 Like

@Muzzy Can you please let me know which specific repo/branch are you guys working on? because I’ve been looking around but can’t find the UI you presented, thanks!

Hi @eagoweb This is still in local machine. We haven’t completed the job as we had to stop for another urgent project.

Our old project is still here on which we are enhancing.

Hi @Saqib_Ansari How can we help? There is a path some users has taken to meet some of our needs, the problem is since you said there is a different a vision regarding the POS and that is a big concern because as community we really want to collaborate with time/money but we need you guidance to keep building in the right direction.

I can imagine the ton of work you are having but please mercyyy :stuck_out_tongue: we use a lot this one and there is big issues regarding stability and speed

Have been working on online POS refactoring from past 2 months and have done almost everything previous versions had along with some new features.

Check out the post to know more.

I would appreciate you people testing it so that I can get a better perspective of real world usage.

I do realise that this won’t be a big help for people here since it being online. But syncing ERPNext instances will solve that in the near future.

1 Like

Share more about this soon. :stuck_out_tongue: then will help in online pos :wink:

Deal? :rofl:

Give it a try. https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/automation/event_streaming

1 Like

we are trying to launch that exact setup.
any advice on the hardware used as the edge server?

how responsive was it. we are trying to reach the most affordable / performant combination.