ERPNext 13 Docker - Ubuntu 22.04 - Jan 2023

Yes.

There is another way to automate it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZss2CziUnI

1 Like

I have now 3 sites (e.g. site1.domain.com , site2.domain.com, site3.otherdomain.com) fully running in production environment on Docker Swarm node with Traefik and Portainer installed as per @revant_one manifest ( custom_containers/docker-swarm.md at main · castlecraft/custom_containers · GitHub ) .

VERSION = v13.45.0

I read the thread ( Upgrading to v14 for a Dockerized deployement ) but can’t figure out what’s the safest way to perform an upgrade to v14 . I also want to install HR and Education modules .

Any idea/link of how to do this ?

build custom image with new apps

mentioned here: Frequently Asked Questions · frappe/frappe_docker Wiki · GitHub

here: frappe_docker/custom-apps.md at main · frappe/frappe_docker · GitHub

and here: Container Builds - #2 by revant_one

Make sure you try your upgrade locally in development env with set of apps that are needed for your use. If you don’t install required apps, the functionality will be missing from new version.

then upgrade as usual.

1 Like

I went through the links. Thank you.
I don’t have a custom image, however due to breaking the monolith architecture in v14, I will need to install the apps “payments”, “hrms” and “ecommerce_integrations” in addition to “erpnext” of course.

I just wonder where to start :cry: in my Portainer installation of Docker Swarm I have 4 stacks:

erpnext
configure_erpnext
create-site
erpnext-backup

as per custom_containers/docker-swarm.md at main · castlecraft/custom_containers · GitHub

Shall I just edit the “erpnext” stack, change the VERSION env variable to v14 then redeploy ?
Or I need to deploy a new stack ?

Thanks,

these stacks can be deleted

read: frappe_docker/docs/single-compose-setup.md at main · frappe/frappe_docker · GitHub

read: frappe_docker/docs/migrate-from-multi-image-setup.md at main · frappe/frappe_docker · GitHub

custom image? refer post above ERPNext 13 Docker - Ubuntu 22.04 - Jan 2023 - #24 by revant_one

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.