ERPNext Download For Customers

Hi,

I wish to download ERP next for small business customers who are very price conscious.

Once I download it to cloud provider, would I be able to download it to my customers computers and will they be able to use them without the need for accessing the internet or cloud? They would prefer to be able to use it without having access to the internet.

I guess in the open source version I can make relevant customization regarding taxes etc?( Im from Sri Lanka).

Thank you

1 Like

there are ways to install it in-house, but you must be prepared to learn a lot because installation is not that straightforward, and you may have to pay them a lot of visits to support. Getting it on a cloud server is a better option, or frappe cloud if you want peace of mind.

Thank you for the reply. I will certainly recommend the cloud option to them, but I fear in some cases it might be a no from them. Due to reasons such as internet being expensive, them not having much knowledge of the internet etc.

Can you show where I can get the relevant documentation to install ERP next in house? Will be very helpful.

Try this method for easy installation

Why are you downloading to cloud provider?

ERPnext is web app. It needed to be served from server, and need Internet or Intranet so that employees, clients can use it. It will be of no use if you install it on 10 computers of 10 employees, to work with no connectivity.

Go for cloud based ERPNext if you and you team lacks server administration skills, else use your skill and then you can make it available to your client on their Intranet, or you could be Cloud Provider

Thank you for the reply.

Thank you for the reply. I am talking of a business with potentially much less than 10 employees who use computers, maybe only one. Maybe just one machine for point of sale. Will they be able to do point of sale without access to the internet? Do the sales in offline?

I am guessing it will be cheaper if I am the cloud provider.

Bump :smiling_face: