ERPNext for Vehicle Repair and Maintenance Services

We are looking at using ERPNext for vehicle repair and maintenance services. We were wondering if we can use the existing Vehicle and Vehicle List modules under the HR module by duplicating it and park under CRM. Each Vehicle have owners linked to the Customers. And for Projects, customized it to Job Cards with Vehicle tag on to it, and a choice to convert the Job Cards to Sales Invoices. Not sure if there are anyone here with experience in such customization? Willing to share on how to do this? Thank you.

2 Likes

As an alternative, you can add Link Fields to the respective doc types link Customer, Project etc. to the Vehicle doc type also.

@victorchia i have done something but as a separated app from ERPNEXT… Not yet translated as was only for Portuguese users…
https://demo1.angolaerp.co.ao/desk#

So we can just duplicate the doctypes and edit them accordingly? does it work like that?

Cool… unfortunately i don’t know portuguese… :sweat:

You would need to add link fields wherever appropriate, duplicating core doctypes is not a good idea

oh… i see… because the Vehicles belongs to own company’s asset, which is parked under HR module… do we need to shift it to CRM module to link with the Customers?

That is not needed, you can see the following link

Thank you!! :smile:

@Helio_Jesus I wish to check your system. is it possible ? TIA

Hi,

Please feel free to try…
Https://Demo1@angolaerp.co.ao

Username and password
Usuario: demo1@angolaerp.co.ao demo1@angolaerp.co.ao Senha: demo

Hi,
Did you manage to have a look ?

login refused with this:

Could not find User: demo1@angolaerp.co.ao

This is the site https://demo1.angolaerp.co.ao
User is demo1@angolaerp.co.ao
PWD is demo

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing. Lots of hard work is evident.

Yes for sure… Of course more to be added and migrated. Now looking for local company to setup again.

Nice app, where can i find on GitHub?

Como posso ajudar a melhorar? Gostaria de participar do desenvolvimento…

1 Like

Hello
Care to give a working link?
Thank you

Hello Jesus, I’m also interested on working and improving this development, can you share the git or files of your work?
Thanks in advance
José

I am sorry to ask but can you elaborate?
How do I create a table with the vehicle details with points to which vehicle belongs to which customer.