I am very happy to announce that active community member and service provider @JayRam has accepted to be the first CEO for the foundation.
- This is a voluntary position
- We thought it was important to have someone not from Frappé Technologies who should lead the foundation
- This position is for 1 year
- Administrative tasks will be handled by Frappé and our dear accountant @prakash
- Our bank account has started and we are now in process of applying for a Payment Gateway that will enable us to start payments
- All finances of the foundation will be 100% transparent
- Setting up memberships
- Setting up voluntary committees for how to spend the money we raise by memberships
- Hiring (?) - I think the foundation should have its own dev team that can work on projects that will be prioritized under the foundation.
- Setting up training events / conferences
Over to @JayRam!
congratulations @rmehta, @JayRam and the team! this is a major milestone!
Congratz to the Frappe, ERPNext and Foundation Team
I’m honored and humbled to take on this position. I love ERPNext and hope to contribute to help it reach the potential it deserves. By mid next week (I’m travelling for the next few days) I will reach to many of you to understand your expectations of the foundation and of me.
Looking forward to the Foundation plans and direction.
@JayRam my warmest congratulations to you on your appointment as CEO
It is a good step by appointing CEO who will own the future of Foundation. @JayRam will definitely handle this position more than expectations of community.
Best of luck @erpnext and @JayRam . Let’s make it happen.
Hearty Congratulations and wish you all the best.
Please consider that your one of the extended arms is available in Ahmedabad and consider me for any sort of help required.
Glad to hear the good news!
All the best and Good luck!!
Congratulations and great work by Rishabh and team. I’m sure this will be a great beginning. Always at your support and best wishes. Jp
Congratulations @JayRam, Great start @rmehta !!!
Hope you all the best @JayRam
no intention to spoil the day (and saying this from a happy place where things proceed with the Foundation)
shouldn’t there be members first, who then elect a board of director’s who then maybe elect a head of the board of director’s (or maybe assign a GM dealing with day to day things) ?
Or maybe is the ‘CEO’ just the one who will organize all these procedures?
@JayRam if you need any support with this, feel free to let us know. I’d be happy to assist
@JayRam Congratulations sir, all the best.
Agree. Treat me as a custodian till things evolve and structure emerges.
Congratulation @JayRam and hope you will get things moving with the Frappe core team!