Erpnext Installation Problems

Hello everyone.

I ran into a bit of trouble while trying to install erpnext on my server (Ubuntu server). Installation on a virtual machine was successful using the easy way (setup_frappe.sh), but many errors occurred when I tried to install on a server, I’ll try to give as many details as possible and I appreciate any help.
The installation was stopped due to an error:

bench.utils.CommandFailedError: npm install socket.io redis express superagent cookie

Reading the npm-debug.log I found that the installer was unable to fetch socket.io from the registry.

According to this thread: [solved] V6 upgrade errors the solution was to purge the node.js and npm and reinstall it (due to old versions) and I did just that. I removed the previously installed bench and frappe folders and tried to run the script again, thus causing a new error in the beginning of the installation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
   nodejs: Conflicts: npm
E: unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages

Check your npm versions, or just reinstall node and npm

I thank you for the help. I tried removing and reinstalling nodejs and npm multiple times.

My nodejs version is v0.10.40 and my npm version is 1.4.28.

In both cases whether nodjs and npm are installed or not I still cannot finish the installation due to the same error of unmet dependencies.

Hi,

Your version is still not latest. Can you try to purge and install from nodesource?

Hi,

I faced this same issue today in my Ubuntu 14.04,

Updated my node.js and npm to most recent version using nodesource but still the problem occurred!

Checking through setup_frappe.sh L#212 in install_packages method i removed npm from the list of packages in apt-get command since nodejs package already includes npm now, running the script again everything went fine.

Hope this is useful!