ERPNext Login Page add Warehouse

How can I add a warehouse field in the login page ?

Can you please explain your use case?

@netchampfaris, i want to include warehouse as a field in the login page because want to detect the logged in user attend to which warehouse on the day, so that in the sales invoice item warehouse, stock item warehouses will automatically selected to the session warehouse by default.

1 Like

This is not possible out of the box. You’ll need to do some customization.

@felix, any other alternative way that you can think of ? I thinking to use attendance doctype, i already customized warehouse field there, but i do not know what to proceed in order to achieve (in the sales invoice item warehouse, stock item warehouses will automatically selected to the attendance warehouse by default.)

Unfortunately, I don’t believe this is trivial.

How I would approach this is the following

1. User Logs in
  2. User is presented with a warehouse select field and selects a warehouse. This is then stored somewhere.
  3. You would have to customize the doctypes you mentioned above to pull this stored value.

If this is something that is critical for your workflow, I would suggest sponsoring the feature so that it’s made in the core, and you won’t have to worry about things breaking. Look at Paid Feature Development (https://erpnext.com/pricing/paid-feature-development) or post a Job on the Community Jobs Listing.

@felix , The user might change warehouse someday, and if user forget to change warehouse, then everything will just follow the old warehouse and it will affect stock inaccuracy which i try to avoid.