ERPNext Messenger/Chat

Hello we are using Crisp, you may also try Drift.

In your hooks.py
app_include_js = “/assets/js/appname.min.js”

and in your “/appname/public/js/appname.js” put the javascript there. You can get the script from the 3rd party apps that I mentioned.

2 Likes

Will be great if someone can start a bounty on this!

1 Like

yes Rocket.Chat is a good option. Will add this to our team’s milestone, will update you guys

1 Like

I think integrated chat can have interesting features, like direct calling on doctypes (you mention someone, he has direct link and followups), document management, centralized authorization and permission…

That said yes, each point is really defendable :wink:

(PS : I can’t say I will take the lead because my company strategy is not confirmed yet. If I go with ERPNext, I will undoubtedly spend time on this point and contribute it back to upstream.)

4 Likes

I was just about to say the same thing! I definitely think in-house chat is the way to go and it provides the opportunity of creating a lot of interesting interactions with other parts of ERPNext

Kind regards,

1 Like

The third party integration that @johnskywalkerwas talking about its also something to consider in ERPNext. Not only how do we talk to another employee or a group but also how do we interface with customers (webview) or with website visitors.

5 Likes

Reading between the lines this will/may be put together by Frappe/Foundation soon…

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/10910

3 Likes

I would like to recommend that Moxtra be looked into as a “model app”. I’m finding it much more aesthetically pleasing and intuitive than any of the others including the unfortunately named “Slack”…
(Just in case any developers are actively working on this.)

I think chatbots integrated within ERPNext as well as customer-facing and website-facing are all very interesting use cases. I think the next competitive battle of the ERPs will be waged in how much they can leverage AI and chatbots. ERPNext should provide a framework whereby the chatbot has some UI and some APIs to the core, and some method whereby this chatbot can be trained to respond in increasingly smarter ways.

3 Likes

any update or progress with this?

The new Chat is great (thanks to @achillesrasquinha for this ) and is in V11 in Develop so will be available when V11 Master is released. Otherwise try demo.erpnext.com and you can test it there.

Dear sir,
Please find the attached, I have filled some details & rest not understand so please guide me.

wrongly sent