ERPNext on ARM aarch64

Hello, looks like the full stack to run Frappe/ERPNext on ARM servers in available:

• Python
  • NodeJS
  • MariaDB
  • Redis
  • NGINX

And the install inscript looks like suport ARM 64.

https://github.com/frappe/bench/blob/develop/install.py#L163

Does any one have installed Frappe ERP/Next on a ARM VPS?

I am looking at AWS Graviton (Graviton de AWS – Amazon Web Services) or Oracle Ampere A1 (Ampere A1 Compute | Oracle).

You can build and use arm64 images for docker

I was used this script.
System Oracal A1 ARM Ubuntu 18.04.

any Suggestion.

I want install ERPNext on ARM Based architecture. Have Any Script?

check this if it helps

Hi, try this and see if this helps you install it on arm64:

1 Like

Step-by-step guide for installing an ERPNext server with a custom domain and two sites on Oracle using Ampere

1. Initial Server Setup: I’m utilizing a server with these specifications: 4 vCPUs, 24GB of RAM, and 100GB of disk storage. As of now, I’m only billed around $4.25 per month for storage.

2. Why Use Ampere Processor: The main reason for using Ampere processor is to cut down costs.

3. Learning Docker: As a Docker beginner, I found the guide, particularly helpful. The Single Server Example is comprehensive. Thanks @revant_one

4. Oracle Server Installation: If you are not sure how to proceed, you can use this video tutorial as a guide.

5. Opening Ports 80 and 443: Ports 80 and 443 need to be opened. Here’s a video tutorial if you need assistance with this.

6. Domain Configuration: I added these A records to my domain:

• traefik.example.com pointing to the server IP
    • erpnext-one.example.com pointing to the server IP
    • erpnext-two.example.com pointing to the server IP
  7. Modifying Hosts File: I updated the /etc/hosts file to include the following hostnames:

• 192.168.205.11 traefik.example.com
    • 192.168.205.11 erpnext-one.example.com
    • 192.168.205.11 erpnext-two.example.com
  8. Docker Installation: I used this guide to install Docker.

9. Adapting the Guide for ARM: There were some parts of the guide that needed to be adapted to work with ARM. I downloaded the ARM version of Docker Compose and installed it using the following command:

DOCKER_CONFIG=${DOCKER_CONFIG:-$HOME/.docker}
mkdir -p $DOCKER_CONFIG/cli-plugins
curl -SL https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/v2.19.0/docker-compose-linux-aarch64 -o $DOCKER_CONFIG/cli-plugins/docker-compose
chmod +x $DOCKER_CONFIG/cli-plugins/docker-compose

For more details, refer to the official Docker guide.

1. Traefik and MariaDB Installation: The installation of Traefik and MariaDB was straightforward.

2. ERPNext Installation: The Docker image is not compatible with ARM, so I had to manually build it. Here are the steps I followed:

• I copied the Containerfile from frappe_docker/images/production/ to frappe_docker and renamed it to Dockerfile.
  • I ran the command docker build -t frappe/erpnext:v14.27.9 . to build the image. Note that the image version must match the variable in erpnext-one.env.
    @revant_one I sincerely hope to have an official image available on Docker soon. I would greatly appreciate any support in achieving this. Thank you.
  1. Cloudflare Configuration: If you’re using Cloudflare, remember to turn off the proxy for your DNS records, allowing Traefik to generate your SSL correctly. Once the site is configured, you can turn it back on.

2. Creating Persistent Volumes: If you’re interested in creating persistent volumes, refer to this guide.