ERPNext User Base and their Usage

Hi,

I would like to start a new thread where all the users could punch in with their details and the way they use the erpnext software. I think this would be very helpful for the new users in taking help from us users as we all know that the team @erpnext is always fully loaded with requests and to take some load off them we could do at least this much.

Here in this thread I guess we should add the following details:

1. Company Name:
  2. First Used Erpnext:
  3. Current State of Implementation: (Trial Phase/ Production Phase)
  4. Modules being Used: (Accounts/Buying/HR/Manufacturing/Selling/Stock/Support/ToDo/Website)
  5. Current Operation Mode: (SaaS/Self Deployed)
  6. Previous System being Used
  7. Other systems tried but not used in production stage (only if you have tried a lot of softwares like me :wink: )
  8. Detailed Analysis (if you have time about each module)
  9. Number of users

Any other point that comes to the mind of people can be added but the above are the ones which came to my mind.

Let me be the first one to give the details:

1. Company Name: Rohit Industries Group (P) Ltd (India)
  2. First Used Erpnext: Oct-2010 (first Sales Order created on 20-10-2010) (Woops its been long)
  4. Modules being Used: (Accounts/Buying/HR/Manufacturing/Selling/Stock/Support/ToDo/Website) (trying hard to implement Accounts & Website and using some parts of manufacturing and have plans to implement the Support module in this FY)
  6. Previous System being Used: Tally (only for accounts yuck), Quickbooks Pro(only for billing…pathetic)
  7. Other systems tried but not used in production stage: Openbravo (Complicated), Openerp (Complicated), Nolapro (Not compatible with stupid indian laws)
  9. Number of users: 15 but planning to get more users on the system could go upto 30.

Detailed Analysis:

Selling Module:

We were using the OLD Paper and pen system before 2010 in our organisation and to get a simple report of pending orders in hand was the most difficult job. I think over the period of this 2 years Selling module has come a long way and it is now I think in perfect position at least for product based organisations like mine. Though there is a small longing of a feature where I could do the following.

• Let my sales representatives log into the system and they are able to see the transactions of only those customers which are being handled by them
  • Currently as per my discussions with Rushabh we can only control them by Territory but that means if someone is handling only 2 customers from a territory then giving access to territory would mean that the user can see the transactions of other 100 customers in this territory.

Anyhow, I guess we as a user have a list which is never ending but I guess that is how life works.

Stock Module:

Again this module is fully implemented in my organisation, before this we again never knew what we had in stock and now we know every little thing that is in stock. Though, I must insist that maintaining stock is a very hard job, it took me almost 2 years to this system up and running and till date we get a lot of stock variations but I guess anything which is below 3% is good.

The only point I guess is lacking is how the system handles item codes and variations which I guess is already covered by the developers. I don’t think the system is well suited for people handling like 100,000 or 1,000,000 items, because the item coding is a problem there. If someone can help me with the item coding then  I would be more than grateful since I guess my item coding is good till 10,000 items and after that I am lost.

Though the system to handle stock is good but I guess it has a long way to go if we want to give like specific access. Like I have seen in companies like SUZUKI (car manufacturer) there the machine operator has limited access to the system and he is able to enter the production and that keeps the system updated real time. I guess to make an entry into the system is still a thing for the people with computer knowledge. I guess a perfect system would be if the system is easily understood by even the illiterates.

Buying Module:

I guess like the selling module this is also a great running system with few or no shortcomings.

Accounts Module:

This is the currently WIP module in my organisation and I must say that the accounting module is the weakest link here (no offense).
I think the accounting module has various problems like the FLOAT (which got ANAND almost pulling his hair out), Bills which are paid or unpaid apart from the LEDGER Balances.

But I guess these problems would be ironed out since the team knows them. I am still going ahead with the implementation with my fingers crossed.

HR

Though we are not using this module as of now but I have seen a few problems which I would like to share. The attendance of the system only handles Present/Absent or Half Days. I would like to know what about people taking attendance on BioMetric Machines where there is IN TIME and OUT TIME and also what about people who pay their employees by the hour, like some employees are paid Over Time and some are not.

Anyhow this is not a thread to say what I want, but a thread to say Thank you to the team for WHAT I HAVE GOT.

So to sum it up, I would like to say though the Sales of my organisation might not have increased due to this system but the way of Working has definitely changed (for greater good).

Would like others to present their thanks to the team as a HAPPY NEW YEAR gift to them.

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:55:28 PM UTC+5:30, Addy wrote:
Hi,

I would like to start a new thread where all the users could punch in with their details and the way they use the erpnext software. I think this would be very helpful for the new users in taking help from us users as we all know that the team @erpnext is always fully loaded with requests and to take some load off them we could do at least this much.

1. Company Name:
  2. First Used Erpnext:
  4. Modules being Used: (Accounts/Buying/HR/Manufacturing/Selling/Stock/Support/ToDo/Website)
  7. Other systems tried but not used in production stage (only if you have tried a lot of softwares like me :wink: )
  9. Number of users

Any other point that comes to the mind of people can be added but the above are the ones which came to my mind.

1 Like

1. Company Name: Eudora Enterprise Ltd.
  2. First Used Erpnext: 18th July 2012
  3. Current State of Implementation: (Trial Phase/ Production Phase): Still implementing
  4. Modules being Used: (Accounts/Buying/HR/Manufacturing/Selling/Stock/Support/ToDo/Website) will go with HR & manufacturing next
  6. Previous System being Used: Tally
  7. Other systems tried but not used in production stage (only if you have tried a lot of softwares like me :wink: ) Impact (useless), OpenERP (confusing), rancelabs (useless), Tata ION (very difficult migration)
  9. Number of users: 5
Accounts
Is incredibly easy to use, almost completely automated, appreciate the new link feature. Really enjoy having the accounting tree.

Stock
We worked out a numeric key to keep our stock codes neat and its working very well for us. Appreciate the stock transfer abilities and the multitude of filtering options. Would appreciate if the reports by warehouse filtered codes such that only codes for the warehouse chosen would show.

Buying
Goes hand in had with accounts was very easy to use and effective

Aditya/Sonal,

Thank you for sharing.

Really enjoyed reading this - always good to get a deep insight into usage (I know a lot of minor feature requests embedded :)). Just the last week we were discussing that we should physically visit one customer every month to understand how the system is being used on location.

We really do not track analytics / usage inside an database obviously because we respect the privacy of your business, but we get a fairly decent idea based on what support issues we get.

I think Robert had also shared his usage sometime back and Anand wrote a wonderful How ERPNext uses ERPNext (http://erpnext.com/how-erpnext-uses-erpnext.html)

Would be really keen to get more of these - it would be a great addition to our website.

Thanks Aditya again for starting this.

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 03-Jan-2013, at 12:47 AM, Sonal <so...@gmail.com> wrote:

1. Company Name: Eudora Enterprise Ltd.
  2. First Used Erpnext: 18th July 2012
  3. Current State of Implementation: (Trial Phase/ Production Phase): Still implementing
  4. Modules being Used: (Accounts/Buying/HR/Manufacturing/Selling/Stock/Support/ToDo/Website) will go with HR & manufacturing next
  6. Previous System being Used: Tally
  7. Other systems tried but not used in production stage (only if you have tried a lot of softwares like me ;) ) Impact (useless), OpenERP (confusing), rancelabs (useless), Tata ION (very difficult migration)
  9. Number of users: 5
Accounts
Is incredibly easy to use, almost completely automated, appreciate the new link feature. Really enjoy having the accounting tree.

Stock
We worked out a numeric key to keep our stock codes neat and its working very well for us. Appreciate the stock transfer abilities and the multitude of filtering options. Would appreciate if the reports by warehouse filtered codes such that only codes for the warehouse chosen would show.

Buying
Goes hand in had with accounts was very easy to use and effective

Hi Aditya,

Good Initiative , am adding mine

Company Name: Mahesh Engineering Services
  • First Used Erpnext: Nov 2010
  • Current State of Implementation: Live
  • Modules being Used: (/Buying/HR/Selling/Stock/)
  • Current Operation Mode: (SaaS)
  • Previous System being Used : Miracle ( a very old DOS/Foxpro based system)
  • Other systems tried but not used in production stage (only if you have tried a lot of softwares like me ;) ) : Tally / Tradeannex
  • Detailed Analysis (if you have time about each module) Well Started with Sales Module / then the Buy Module and now using Stock .. Struggling with the whole system here but ERPNext-support is what that is keeping me going !!
  • Number of users : 6

• Sent from my iPhone

On 02-Jan-2013, at 8:55 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

1. Company Name:
    2. First Used Erpnext:
    7. Other systems tried but not used in production stage (only if you have tried a lot of softwares like me ;) )
    9. Number of users

Hi Aditya,

Please find mine

Company Name: Sapphire Virtual Networks LTD
    First Used Erpnext: May 2010
    Current State of Implementation: Live
    Current Operation Mode : SaaS Self deployed ( with loads of handholding from the ERPnext team
    Modules being Used: (Accounts/Buying/HR/Selling/Stock/Projects/Support)
    Current Operation Mode: (SaaS)
    Previous System being Used : Netsuite ( too complicated a nightmare to deploy and too expensive)
    Number of users : 9,
    Sender: er...@googlegroups.com
    Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 11:28:09 +0530
    To: er...@googlegroups.com<er...@googlegroups.com>
    ReplyTo: er...@googlegroups.com
    Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] ERPNext User Base and their Usage

Hi Aditya,

Good Initiative , am adding mine

Company Name: Mahesh Engineering Services
  • First Used Erpnext: Nov 2010
  • Current State of Implementation: Live
  • Modules being Used: (/Buying/HR/Selling/Stock/)
  • Current Operation Mode: (SaaS)
  • Previous System being Used : Miracle ( a very old DOS/Foxpro based system)
  • Other systems tried but not used in production stage (only if you have tried a lot of softwares like me ;) ) : Tally / Tradeannex
  • Detailed Analysis (if you have time about each module) Well Started with Sales Module / then the Buy Module and now using Stock .. Struggling with the whole system here but ERPNext-support is what that is keeping me going !!
  • Number of users : 6

• Sent from my iPhone

On 02-Jan-2013, at 8:55 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

1. Company Name:
    2. First Used Erpnext:
    7. Other systems tried but not used in production stage (only if you have tried a lot of softwares like me ;) )
    9. Number of users

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:25:28 PM UTC+1, Addy wrote:

Hi,

1. Company Name: Dogs Love It
    2. First Used Erpnext: January 2012
    3. Current State of Implementation: (Trial Phase/ Production Phase) Production
    4. Modules being Used: (Accounts/Buying/HR/Manufacturing/Selling/Stock/Support/ToDo/Website): Accounts, buying,sellin,manufacturing, stock
    5. Current Operation Mode: (SaaS/Self Deployed) SAAS
    6. Previous System being Used Imonggo
    7. Other systems tried but not used in production stage (only if you have tried a lot of softwares like me :wink: ) evalauted many; tried TruePOS of Gofrugal for some 2 weeks but gave up.
    8. Detailed Analysis (if you have time about each module); See previous posts
    9. Number of users 2