ERPNext version 9 upgrade test in high data live environment

Great efforts by the team and foundation. We appreciate

1 Like

Just for the benefit of those who never used pos in v6 or cant appreciate the whole search issue; here’s what it has always been; we’re not redefining, we’re asking for what has always worked and nothing less. See v6 handle 1 result on search. Nothing is entered in cart, it waits for you to select, because this single result may not be the item you need for many reasons beyond this thread.

Good news! @rohit_w says he has fixed the search to work as original. We’ll be waiting for go-ahead to pull the update and test. Thanks guys. @olamide_shodunke @bkm @ganas we are making progress on reinstating search, great team. here’s the fix in action: Add item directly in the cart only if serial no, batch, barcode has enter in the search field by rohitwaghchaure · Pull Request #11510 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

1 Like

POS on v9 WORKS PERFECTLY! Confidence restored!

2 Likes

I am experiences described issues…In the very early days of the POS I suggested that it should be possible to distinguish between manual and barcode scanner input…no one can type with the speed of a scanner…and use this to make the system more “intelligent” …further the behavior is ennoying if i have code abc1 and code abc11 i cannot enter the code but have to type abc and select from screen…

It’s been solved Sir. Check end of thread. Backup your database or make vm appliance (best option, hope you’re running a vm)‎. Pull the fix.

Do

bench update --reset‎

in case you have made changes, else just
bench update

Everything is super cool now, just a few small bugs that I believe they’ll figure out soon, we’ll give the devs room to breathe then just present some other minor fixes.

In addition; the main problem I later realized was that the pos was matching what you entered to the closest thing it found in the dB! the devs quickly fixed it because this was simply not ok; now we have it exact matching only barcode, serial, batch ‎and then presenting results for other item attributes so the user selects, not just entering things into the cart.

Am happy this was resolved this quickly.

it can only get better

great…am a cloud user so will have to wait a few days…rgds robert