I chose ERPNext over odoo because:
- Free Software with four essential freedoms.
- Easy upgrades and migration
- Easy to deploy, backup and restore.
- Easy Extension & App development with Frappe
- Simple Custom apps and ERPNext can co-exist even through upgrades and migrations. Using small custom app to extend ERPNext GitHub - revant/civil_contracting: Frappe App for use in Civil Contracting Business since v4
- Awesome Support from Frappe Team and Community. Even free software users get needed support and fixes.
- Missing feature can be sponsored into the upstream free software
- Sponsoring user as well as everyone benefits (again, upgrades free with added feature)
- Affordable for startups and scalable for growing companies: Small companies, especially in India, can now use 100% legal software for standard business purposes and continue to use it as they grow into bigger enterprises without any compromise.
I Frappe & ERPNext
I used Sales and CRM modules of openerp 7 for a year, couldn’t upgrade 7 to odoo 8 for free. So stopped using it completely. Exported / Imported Leads and Opportunities from openerp 7 into ERPNext and never looked back to openerp/odoo
Just before posting this I went through odoo 9 Demo site. Odoo now has a Desk like interface!!