Error in backup restoration

Hello,
I need to restore my customized ERPNext backup on local server. It restored success fully but whenever i login and switch to desk pop-up error message says: unknown column ‘send_me_a_copy’ in ‘field_list’.
Solution Please !
Screenshot is attached for convenience.

try bench migrate or much better bench update

Tried, but it went to updating and stayed there…
after migrate i was unable to even login…

what is send_me_copy, is that your custom field?

I think it’s a field in db,
i have searched this field in app and found nothing.

on which branch are you? are you in master?

i didn’t get it ?
branch ?

there are two branches I believe, develop/master. try bench switch-to-master

1 Like

After switching what should i do ?
next step ?

try bench update or migrate again

1 Like

Now, encryption key is invalid…

would help if you post traceback here

1 Like
raise raise_exception(encode(msg))

frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Encryption key is invalid, Please check site_config.json

I have removed the column ‘send_me_a_column’ app/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/user/user.json ,
but still i am getting the error for invalid column ‘send_me_a_column’ in ‘field list’

Bench update will definitely work…!!!

1 Like

after bench update, encryption key’s error occured,

raise raise_exception(encode(msg))
frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Encryption key is invalid, Please check site_config.json

Hello Johnskywalker,
I had an installation of erpnext that we used for a while. Unfortunatately the server crashed. Luckily, I had a backup I had made some time before the crash. I reinstalled erpnext and resored the database over the installation through mysql and I keep getting the "Unknown column “send_me_a_copy” error message. I noticed different versions of erpnext have differnet restore procedures. I also suspect the version i backed up from matters.

The problem is that i don’t know what version it was. I installed erpnext and I am not even sure what version this is. I followed some instruction to find the current version and got this in a init.py file. from future import unicode_literals
import inspect
import frappe
from erpnext.hooks import regional_overrides

version = ‘9.2.4’

Do I need to install the specific version I used before install (which I don’t even know) or is there a work around?

Thanks for the time and effort to support challenges like this.