Error in Creating Sites

andrewdavewt@ubuntuWT:~/frappe-bench$ bench new-site site1.local
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py”, line 174, in _run_module_as_main
main”, fname, loader, pkg_name)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py”, line 72, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 97, in
main()
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 18, in main
click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name=‘bench’)
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 764, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 717, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 956, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 555, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/site.py”, line 31, in new_site
frappe.init(site=site, new_site=True)
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 150, in init
local.conf = _dict(get_site_config())
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 216, in get_site_config
config.update(get_file_json(common_site_config))
File “/home/andrewdavewt/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1000, in get_file_json
return json.load(f)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 291, in load
**kw)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 339, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 364, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 380, in raw_decode
obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
ValueError: Expecting , delimiter: line 3 column 2 (char 27)

I have trace one by one the error, but i have no idea to solve the error. If anyone know my mistakes, Correct me please…

Can you try same command as user frappe

do you mean,
that user frappe is frappe-bench ?
Sorry for my bad English and grammar

frappe-bench is the folder you need to be in for bench commands and frappe is the user you need to switch to using command ‘su frappe’ then create your site

You should be able to see in his error dump that he did not install the system into the frappe user, he installed it into the /home/andrewdavewy/ user directory. That is where his /frappe-bench directory is located.

He very likely does not even have a frappe user on his server. I know that none of mine do either as I intentionally install to a different user using the --user switch with the install.py script.

BKM

1 Like