Error Log after changing Company Abbreviation

Hi all,
I got an error log after changing company abbreviation
Title: erpnext.setup.doctype.company.company.replace_abbr
Error

{‘retry’: 0, ‘log’: <function log at 0x7f0d2a12a050>, ‘site’: u’site1.local’, ‘event’: None, ‘method_name’: u’erpnext.setup.doctype.company.company.replace_abbr’, ‘method’: <function replace_abbr at 0x7f0d2a0d7578>, ‘user’: u’Administrator’, ‘kwargs’: {‘new’: u’NAC’, ‘company’: u’My Company Name’, ‘old’: u’NAB’}, ‘async’: True, ‘job_name’: u’erpnext.setup.doctype.company.company.replace_abbr’}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/background_jobs.py”, line 97, in execute_job
method(**kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/setup/doctype/company/company.py”, line 340, in replace_abbr
_rename_records(dt)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/setup/doctype/company/company.py”, line 337, in _rename_records
rename_record(d)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/setup/doctype/company/company.py”, line 331, in rename_record
frappe.rename_doc(dt, doc[0], parts[0] + " - " + new)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 700, in rename_doc
return rename_doc(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/rename_doc.py”, line 39, in rename_doc
new = validate_rename(doctype, new, meta, merge, force, ignore_permissions)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/rename_doc.py”, line 132, in validate_rename
frappe.msgprint(
(“{0} not allowed to be renamed”).format(
(doctype)), raise_exception=1)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 309, in msgprint
_raise_exception()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 284, in _raise_exception
raise ValidationError(encode(msg))
ValidationError: Account not allowed to be renamed

What does it mean? and my chart of accounts abbreviation for existing accounts does not change to new abbreviations. How can I handle that? I have search already in the forum I saw related post about company abbreviation not changing for existing accounts in Chart of Accounts but have not got a solution.
Please help

I’m running
ERPNext: v10.1.75 (master)
Frappe Framework: v10.1.67 (master)

Thanks

Are you logged in from Administrator account. If not then try from that account.

1 Like

Yes I’m logged in from Administrator account.
If I create new account in chart of account it comes with new abbreviation.
But the existing accounts still have the old abbreviation.

I think there is a button that updates all abbreviations in Company doctype

What do you mean?

Besides this option right here to Change Abbreviation, is there anything else that I need to do to update all existing abbreviations??

This was exactly I was talking about.

1 Like

Yes I have done that. I changed abbreviation.
But as I mentioned, after I changed abbreviation I got an Error Log,
I ignored the error, I went on to check my chart of accounts if abbreviations had changed, but no, The abbreviations still shows old abbreviation.

Below here is a screenshot of what I am facing

All these accounts you see at the top are my existing accounts. they still display old abbreviation.

But the last account at the bottom, is a new account. I created it after changing abbreviation. since it is a new account, it comes with new abbreviation.

But what about my old existing accounts. why do they still appear with the old abbreviation?
Or is that how it is supposed to be? how can I get them to appear with a new abbreviation to it?

Thanks

Has anyone found a solution to this?