Error on ERPNext - Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Installation

I’ve tried installing manually on Bionic, it’s something with botocore because python-dateutil has new changes and botocore hasn’t been updated to support it ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Let’s wait it out guys :slight_smile:

Thanks @fkardame

Nitesh this doesn’t seem like the entire trace. There must be some more text that has a Python traceback or any error message. Post it here and it will be easier to help you out.

@root13F
“Updating DocTypes for erpnext : [======================================= ]”,
“Updating DocTypes for erpnext : [======================================= ]”,
“Updating DocTypes for erpnext : [========================================]”
]
}

PLAY RECAP *****************************************************************************************
localhost : ok=74 changed=13 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=57 rescued=0 ignored=0

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 413, in <module>
    install_bench(args)
  File "install.py", line 135, in install_bench
    run_playbook('site.yml', sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
  File "install.py", line 327, in run_playbook
    success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, 'playbooks'))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 541, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'site.yml', '-vvvv', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=munim']' returned non-zero exit status 2

Similar situation here…
Not a good start for sure… Out trying to install ODOO…

"Updating DocTypes for frappe        : [========================================]"
]

}

PLAY RECAP ********************************************************************************************************************************
localhost : ok=79 changed=46 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=52 rescued=0 ignored=0

File “install.py”, line 413, in
install_bench(args)
File “install.py”, line 135, in install_bench
run_playbook(‘site.yml’, sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
File “install.py”, line 327, in run_playbook
success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, ‘playbooks’))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 190, in check_call
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘ansible-playbook’, ‘-c’, ‘local’, ‘site.yml’, ‘-vvvv’, ‘-e’, ‘@/tmp/extra_vars.json’, ‘–become’, ‘–become-user=frappe’]’ returned non-zero exit status 2
user@ubuntu18:~$

Have you tried this How to install erpnext from A-Z ?

Welcome to ERPNext of course competition is healthy - either way we all win An Open Letter to the Odoo Community

@Nitesh_Chahar
which parameters did you run the easy install file with?

It looks like this issue is still present.

Anyone solved it ?

Traceback (most recent call last): File "install.py", line 413, in <module> install_bench(args) File "install.py", line 135, in install_bench run_playbook('site.yml', sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars) File "install.py", line 327, in run_playbook success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, 'playbooks')) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 190, in check_call raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd) subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'site.yml', '-vvvv', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=lcpharmacy']' returned non-zero exit status 2

Installing in a fresh Ubuntu Server 18.04 and still getting the same error.

Please can someone help in this ?

Can post the log preceding this error?

I am getting the same error on Ubuntu 16 and 18 systems.

@clarkej Thank you for your welcoming John .
I was very frustrated after spending 48 hrs trying to install v.12 without success…
On the up side, I have tried Odoo, and Dolibarr since. They installed both without an issue which was refreshing.
I did some more researching and it seems that installation issues have been around for ages and at this point in time can be considered as a feature. :wink:
Although for now I did find a way around by using a Bitnami image, not sure why no one has suggested it in the forums, because it took me about 6 minutes to download and deploy an OVA to my ESXi host(they offer images for every type of install). Not sure why ERPNext doesn’t offer a VMWare compatible template as an option to mediate this installation fiasco…
After pocking around for a few hours I can say already that I really like what I see and I just wish that installation process would be as clean as the ERPNext interface!
IMHO not having a working streamlined way of installing ERPNext is one of the main obstacles to success.

Cheers,

hgpilot

Facing same issue since yesterday. Have tried every combination possible with Ubuntu 16 & 18. Reinstalled about 5 times to get a clean server. Tried again today. No luck. Not really sure whats going on.

Here

"cache_update_time": 1576664807,
    "cache_updated": false,
    "changed": false,
    "invocation": {
        "module_args": {
            "allow_unauthenticated": false,
            "autoclean": false,
            "autoremove": false,
            "cache_valid_time": 0,
            "deb": null,
            "default_release": null,
            "dpkg_options": "force-confdef,force-confold",
            "force": true,
            "force_apt_get": false,
            "install_recommends": null,
            "name": [
                "nodejs",
                "npm"
            ],
            "only_upgrade": false,
            "package": [
                "nodejs",
                "npm"
            ],
            "policy_rc_d": null,
            "purge": false,
            "state": "present",
            "update_cache": true,
            "upgrade": null
        }
    },
    "msg": "'/usr/bin/apt-get -y -o \"Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef\" -o \"Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold\"   --force-yes   install 'nodejs' 'npm'' failed: W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with --allow instead.\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.\n",
    "rc": 100,
    "stderr": "W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with --allow instead.\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.\n",
    "stderr_lines": [
        "W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with --allow instead.",
        "E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."
    ],
    "stdout": "Reading package lists...\nBuilding dependency tree...\nReading state information...\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n nodejs : Conflicts: npm\n",
    "stdout_lines": [
        "Reading package lists...",
        "Building dependency tree...",
        "Reading state information...",
        "Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have",
        "requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable",
        "distribution that some required packages have not yet been created",
        "or been moved out of Incoming.",
        "The following information may help to resolve the situation:",
        "",
        "The following packages have unmet dependencies:",
        " nodejs : Conflicts: npm"
    ]
}

RUNNING HANDLER [mariadb : restart mysql] **************************************
task path: /tmp/.bench/playbooks/roles/mariadb/handlers/main.yml:2

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost                  : ok=28   changed=18   unreachable=0    failed=1    skipped=20   rescued=0    ignored=0

File "install.py", line 413, in <module>
    install_bench(args)
  File "install.py", line 135, in install_bench
    run_playbook('site.yml', sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
  File "install.py", line 327, in run_playbook
    success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, 'playbooks'))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 190, in check_call
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'site.yml', '-vvvv', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=alrazi']' returned non-zero exit status 2

I am not well versed but several weeks ago Rushabh noted this "The easy install script broke last week as the Ansible version was not pinned. " here Sporking Bench: New tools for installing ERPNext - #17 by rmehta

So for example perhaps this recent change may have upset some “dependencies”?
chore: pin ansible version to 2.8.5 · frappe/bench@ba4602b · GitHub

edit: Correction my link here refers to the past (Nov 4) misconfig pinned case…

Errors on ERPNext Installation (Solutions)

• If node (npm error), install manually via apt-get and then remove it from /tmp/.bench/…/nodejs/tasks/main.yml installation step (refer to bench repository for the path)
  • If redis-server, modify /etc/redis/redis.conf to loopback as IPv4 (127.0.0.1, not 127.0.0.1 :: 1)
1 Like

Cause: 4 days ago, marcogabriel revised the playbooks for install.py to update easy-install playbooks for debian-10. (MariaDB version updated to 10.4)

https://github.com/frappe/bench/commit/72c70b23bf4b4bdc01761dc6be66e26343dc4dda

After this update, Debian 10 installs. Unfortunately, lower versions including Ubuntu 18 fails.

The cause of the bug has been identified by roquegv, at the debian_family.yml line 10

roquegv has commented on this. The author marcogabriel has not yet made the corrections needed to fix the problem for debian (ubuntu) lower versions.

This might be helpful
https://github.com/frappe/bench/issues/879

A PR is under way:
https://github.com/frappe/bench/pull/880

Is there a work-around for this?

Can anyone point me toward a way to get this to work. I m not afraid to edit an installation file.

BKM

i did what muzzy suggested.
First i installed with the install.py script got the errors, then removed main.yml as mentioned by Muzzy.
Then i manually installed Nodejs.
After that i used the install.py file to install again. This time the install went through but there were still some complication so i did a “bench update” and it worked although i think i came across an npm yarn error and installed yarn manually as well but after that the “bench update” worked and my installs been running smoothly since yesterday.
Also you might have some issues doing the “bench update” if you are running a server with 1gb ram and 1gb swapfile like i am.

1 Like

Good scoop thanks! So Bitnami updates this to the current release, and kindly makes ova or vmdk images available to fetch ERPNext Virtual Machines

I suspect the ‘official’ image here is manually maintained and so can be ages out of date https://erpnext.org/download