Error on Fresh Installation-OperationalError: (1054, "Unknown column 'route' in 'field list'")

Brand new to this application and not a linux programmer. Running into this issue upon setup and configuration on day 1. Looking for assistance on how to remedy.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 32, in render
data = render_page_by_language(path)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 101, in render_page_by_language
return render_page(path)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 117, in render_page
return build(path)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 124, in build
return build_page(path)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 137, in build_page
context = get_context(path)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/context.py”, line 14, in get_context
context = get_page_context(path)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 35, in get_page_context
page_context = make_page_context(path)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 44, in make_page_context
context = resolve_route(path)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 23, in resolve_route
context = get_page_context_from_doctype(path)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 72, in get_page_context_from_doctype
page_info = get_page_info_from_doctypes(path)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/router.py”, line 104, in get_page_info_from_doctypes
{1}“”".format(doctype, condition), values=values, as_dict=True):
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 137, in sql
self._cursor.execute(query, values)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 205, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorclass, errorvalue
OperationalError: (1054, “Unknown column ‘route’ in ‘field list’”)

Hi, since it is fresh installation. Can you list down the steps that you take?

Hi Johnskywalker- Thanks for the swift reply.

I set up a fresh instance on AWS yesterday per the YouTube instructions. Everything went fine (except for Putty/SSH issues). In a hour or so I had it up and running. I spent a few hours going through some Setup menus and was moving the top bar over to right justified and uploading a logo. Simple stuff. When I then click any of the top links on the website bar now, it throws up the error I listed in the original post. Not sure what I did to break it, but am looking for clarification on steps to restore.

I did take a snapshot so I can revert to this I supposed, but I would like to understand the issue and attempt to resolve before I wipe out several hours of setup work. Thanks for your help!

Hello there is actually a missing column in your table in database. I would suggest next time that you should have a local setup first, before you customize something you have to try it in your local and if everything seems fine that’s the time you will push it to your production. And whenever there is something bad happen to your server caused by your changes you can just revert it.

@jeremyiananderson did you run bench update on your site?

1 Like