Error running bench dump-queue-status command

Hi, Guys,

I stumbled upon this link and I got the following error when executed $ bench dump-queue-status.

I am not sure why I have this error and how to fix it, because I do not think I have any issue with the system scheduler so far.

Thank you in advance for your help & explanation

-Lucky

~/frappe-bench$ bench dump-queue-status Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code exec code in run_globals File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py", line 79, in <module> main() File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py", line 16, in main click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name='bench') File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 716, in __call__ return self.main(*args, **kwargs) File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 696, in main rv = self.invoke(ctx) File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1060, in invoke return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx)) File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1060, in invoke return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx)) File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 889, in invoke return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params) File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 534, in invoke return callback(*args, **kwargs) File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/scheduler.py", line 152, in dump_queue_status from frappe.utils.doctor import dump_queue_status as _dump_queue_status, inspect_queue ImportError: cannot import name dump_queue_status

@luckyismail

I assume you are trying to see queue status; you can do that using bench doctor. Moreover, we have added background jobs page in the frappe. So you can use it to see the queue status in your desk. Just type Open Background Jobs in Awesome bar on your desk.

Hope this helps…

Hi @shreyasp,

Thank you for responding to my post. However, I do not see any background job page from searching Awesome bar.

Is this a new feature that’s not available on my current version (ERPNext: v7.0.34, Frappe: v7.0.30)?

Thanks.

@luckyismail

Ohh my bad, this is available on Frappe develop branch. Also, with version 7, dump-queue-status has been removed from the code but, bench has not been updated to remove the command to keep the bench backward compatible for those who are using version 6 and celery workers.

With version 7, bench doctor should list down all the necessary information about the workers and its queue. Hope this helps you with your problem.

1 Like