Error while installing on vserver linux 16.04

Hello I am new here

while running the easy install script i run in the following failure:

what could/shoud i do to get the Installation to work?

I*m Looking Forward for innovative ideas (or links to other post to this issue :wink: )

lbos

TASK [locale : Check current locale] *******************************************
    fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "cmd": "localectl", "delta": "0                                                                                                             :00:00.006438", "end": "2018-05-07 21:38:44.241093", "msg": "non-zero return cod                                                                                                             e", "rc": 1, "start": "2018-05-07 21:38:44.234655", "stderr": "Failed to create                                                                                                              bus connection: No such file or directory", "stderr_lines": ["Failed to create b                                                                                                             us connection: No such file or directory"], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}
            to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/site.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
    localhost                  : ok=5    changed=2    unreachable=0    failed=1

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "install.py", line 417, in <module>
        install_bench(args)
      File "install.py", line 122, in install_bench
        run_playbook('site.yml', sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
      File "install.py", line 338, in run_playbook
        success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, 'playbooks'))
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 541, in check_call
        raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
    subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'sit                                                                                                             e.yml', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=frappe']' retu                                                                                                             rned non-zero exit status 2

If I’m not wrong you’re trying to install inside a container based virtualized system, something like docker or openVZ

If the answer if yes, you’ll have to install it manually, the install scripts won’t work in them. They are only meant for servers with full virtualization, example (KVM based VPS, virtualbox etc)

So, where are you trying to install it?

Hey there,

i try to install it on a virtualized Linux 16.04 Server hosted by strato.de.

On that Server i do have root-Access at it isn’t put into any further container Station.

Maybe you know a solution. Thanks for your previous Reply at all.

The hoster is using virtuozzo to virtualize the root-server

As I mentioned earlier virtuozzo is container-based virtualization, just like docker or OpenVZ while KVM, virtualbox, vmware etc are hardware-based virtualization.

Hence the install scripts won’t work in them. Please setup ERPNext manually. You may refer to The Hitchhiker’s Guide for the same. Hope I helped :smile: