Failed to get method for command frappe.website.doctype.website_settings.website_settings.is_chat_enabled with module 'frappe.website.doctype.website_settings.website_settings' has no attribute 'is_chat_enabled'

Hi,
I have just installed the virtual box version of erpnext 12 and upgraded to 13 to get the new interface. I can see lots of work has gone in and really enjoy the new look. But on the website I am getting this error. I tried adding the missing line in the website_settings doctype but still get the error, so presume its something more sinister in the code.
Any way to stop this message appearing to people? I mean the website works but a terrible big message saying DANGER Will Robinson or more exact
Failed to get method for command frappe.website.doctype.website_settings.website_settings.is_chat_enabled with module ‘frappe.website.doctype.website_settings.website_settings’ has no attribute ‘is_chat_enabled’
stops me wanting to migrate to production.

Full trace is :slight_smile:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 56, in execute_cmd
method = get_attr(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 189, in get_attr
method = frappe.get_attr(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1189, in get_attr
return getattr(get_module(modulename), methodname)
AttributeError: module ‘frappe.website.doctype.website_settings.website_settings’ has no attribute ‘is_chat_enabled’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 65, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 31, in handle
data = execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 58, in execute_cmd
frappe.throw(_(‘Failed to get method for command {0} with {1}’).format(cmd, e))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 437, in throw
msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator=‘red’, is_minimizable=is_minimizable, wide=wide, as_list=as_list)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 416, in msgprint
_raise_exception()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 370, in _raise_exception
raise raise_exception(msg)
frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Failed to get method for command frappe.website.doctype.website_settings.website_settings.is_chat_enabled with module ‘frappe.website.doctype.website_settings.website_settings’ has no attribute ‘is_chat_enabled’

This has been fixed with the latest update but now I can’t submit my quotation from the website…As in can’t send in cart for quotation. I can add items to cart but there is no way of sending it to the back end. So pop up message is fixed, but now the customers can’t buy anything… so in fact development team its worst than before…

Latest patches fix this issue. Well done team :slight_smile:

Clearing the browser cache appears to fix it:

https://github.com/frappe/frappe/issues/12951