Feature Implemented: Payable Landed Cost Voucher

Hi ERPNext Community,

I just finished working on my first added feature to make the Landed Cost Voucher a payable document so that along with updating the valuation of stock items, the LCV will also act as an Invoice to the party it is payable to. It’ll also debit necessary GL entries to negate the effect of the credit balance in contra expense account “Expenses Included in Valuation”.

One problem I still see in ERPNext in the Purchase Taxes and Charges with the taxes considered as “Valuation”-only can allow users to make their accounts inconsistent if they forget to make the necessary Journal Entry for those “Valuation”-only account heads.

I want to show this on the community first so that I could get a sense if ERPNext wants this feature or not. Up-till now it has been difficult to get any feedback or support. Anyways if you people think this is a useful feature I’ll create the pull request. If there are any bounties for this feature please let me know :stuck_out_tongue:

Update: I’ve uploaded the branch “Payable-LCV” which currently branches from master (10.1.43). I’ll make the pull request after I test it out and add any missing integration.

5 Likes

This is much needed.

This makes the LCV a more complete document

Regards

Presently LCV does not work for purchase of fixed asset and we know there are associated cost to purchase of any fixed asset.Will this your solution resolve that?

Should I make a pull request on master or develop? I’ve made the changes on master, I’m guessing all I’ll have to do is git stash, git checkout develop then git stash pop right?

Hey Fred1, no this modification doesn’t change the fact that LCV selects only stock items. I’m not sure about the Assets module but I’m guessing you can make a Journal Entry to debit your fixed asset and credit either the Bank/Cash or the Creditors (the party to whom you’re paying the additional charges to) account? Should LCV also work for fixed assets?

Develop so I can test without affecting my life instances for now

The way the fixed asset is structured in erpnext,using journal will never work.(not that you can’t debit the fixed asset with the associated costs and credit the bank or suppliers but you won’t be able to tag it as an asset).Asset is created in the asset module,the purchase of asset is then made possible through PI.Any associated cost is made impossible to be added to the asset. If you can help in this regard to remove this imperfection I know our amiably Team will love to have it in the core.

I’ve uploaded the branch “Payable-LCV” which currently branches from master (10.1.43). I’ll make the pull request after I test it out and add any missing integration.

@Fred1 I’ll take a look into it when I start working with the Assets module

Hello

It’s possible as today to make a payment for a LCV?