Fetch Child Table Data In Another Child table

Hello,
I Create a doctype that has different sizes for different types of products. For example, we have four types: child, men’s, ladies’s, and child ladies’s. Each type has its own size range. For instance, child sizes start from 20/1 to 20/20, while men’s sizes start from 33/1 to 33/40. To manage this, I created a doctype for product types and assigned in the Item master. example if a item is related child then the product type is a child, if a item is related men then the product type is a men. So far, everything is working, but the problem is that when we create a sales order or add an item, we need to show the size of the assigned product type in the sales order item table.

screen shot of product type doctype
:point_down:

Screen shot of the item master where the product type is assigned to the item
:point_down:

Screen shot of the Sales order item.

If anyone knows please help me.
Thank You.

Hi @falah123:

There is not direct support for this in Frappe Framework.
IMHO it would be a really good feature.

You can try to customize with something like this:

Hope this helps.

I’m not that good at coding,
can you please help me.

Hello @falah123

I think you can create different fields for all sizes in Doctype Sales Order Item and set Display Depends On (JS) for every field.

e.g.
Create custom field 20/1 and 20/20 and set Display Depends On (JS) as eval:doc.custom_product_type == "Child"

Create custom field 33/1 and 33/40, set Display Depends On (JS) as eval:doc.custom_product_type == "Men"

custom_product_type is your custom field where respective Product Type will get fetch through Item.

Thanks.

1 Like

Have you tried Item Variants?
https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/item-variants