Few How To's

Hi

1. I was trying to give quotations to customers when I faced an issue. The quotation did not have my company name. I tried to generate a simple company letter with just typed company name and address. I am not adding any scanned image. I am unable to complete the second step. On the top it says  Step 2: Upload your letter head image / set html content directly  When I press ‘Upload’ nothing happens. What should I do.

2. How do I customize the “Print View” of “Quotation” . I went to Customize Form>Quotation Item  and checked “Print Hide” for column “Item Code”. I saved and refreshed the form but the changes do not reflect in the quotations I have already generated neither do the changes reflect in new quotations generated. 

3. When I search something somewhere for example search items while making quotation I have to start searching exactly with the beginning characters. It doesn’t search from in-between the phrases or long multiple words item codes. Can I change this behaviour??

4. Under the Duties and Taxes I have created accounts “Input VAT @ 5%” and “Output VAT @ 5%”. In the item master I need to choose Item tax. What do I choose, Input or Output VAT. Selecting Input VAT means every time I make Sales entry I need to change tax account to Output and vice versa. 

5. Any new item has to first be added to Item master and only then can be used in quotations and sales order. But we sell a lot of custom products along with standard products. Many of those custom products are such which I believe might never be sold again. Now how do I handle these products in erpnext. Do you suggest creating new item for every custom product?? This would quickly inflate the number of items and make is difficult to search them too.

Secondly, we do a lot of custom work where the the same design could made in different stones with different sizes. Lets say design ‘1’ could be made in any stone ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’ in any size. By any size I mean the design could be scaled up or down or kept in same proportions but repeated to fit the size. This customization in stone and size also changes the machining time which the basis of our cost. So in this case how do you suggest I create my items and BOMs.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hello Satish,

Replies below.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Satish <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

1. I was trying to give quotations to customers when I faced an issue. The quotation did not have my company name. I tried to generate a simple company letter with just typed company name and address. I am not adding any scanned image. I am unable to complete the second step. On the top it says Step 2: Upload your letter head image / set html content directly When I press 'Upload' nothing happens. What should I do.

If you are entering text directly in ERNext, it should be written HTML. The editor in Letter Head from can only read HTML content.

Example:

<p>Example Company Pvt. Ltd.</p>

2. How do I customize the "Print View" of "Quotation" . I went to Customize Form>Quotation Item and checked "Print Hide" for column "Item Code". I saved and refreshed the form but the changes do not reflect in the quotations I have already generated neither do the changes reflect in new quotations generated.

The changes made in Customize form view will only reflect in the Standard Print Format. The non-standard Print Formats (Classic, Modern, Spartan) is managed via HTML stored in Setup >> Print Format.

3. When I search something somewhere for example search items while making quotation I have to start searching exactly with the beginning characters. It doesn't search from in-between the phrases or long multiple words item codes. Can I change this behaviour??

For wild card search, enter % (percent sign) in the beginning of key search word.

For example, if search for ERPNext, and you can only collect next, then in search, enter %next.

4. Under the Duties and Taxes I have created accounts "Input VAT @ 5%" and "Output VAT @ 5%". In the item master I need to choose Item tax. What do I choose, Input or Output VAT. Selecting Input VAT means every time I make Sales entry I need to change tax account to Output and vice versa.

You can maintain separate tax master for sales and purchase transactions. Check following links.

http://erpnext.com/manage-sales-tax
http://erpnext.com/manage-purchase-tax

If you rate tax rate pulled from Item master, then you should select both VAT Input and VAT output in your item master. In Sales Tax master, select Output VAT and in Purchase tax master, select Input VAT.

5. Any new item has to first be added to Item master and only then can be used in quotations and sales order. But we sell a lot of custom products along with standard products. Many of those custom products are such which I believe might never be sold again. Now how do I handle these products in erpnext. Do you suggest creating new item for every custom product?? This would quickly inflate the number of items and make is difficult to search them too.

Make an item for customized products. Everytime, when selling customized item, select that item code. You can make changes in Item Name and Description to enter specification of customized item.
Secondly, we do a lot of custom work where the the same design could made in different stones with different sizes. Lets say design '1' could be made in any stone 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D' in any size. By any size I mean the design could be scaled up or down or kept in same proportions but repeated to fit the size. This customization in stone and size also changes the machining time which the basis of our cost. So in this case how do you suggest I create my items and BOMs.

You will have to create an item for design + stone size. If one design has 4 sizes, then you will have to create four item codes.

Since your production is not standard, instead of using BOM, you can use Repack function in the Stock Entry. Using this function, you can easily repack one item into another. The qty of item raw item reduced from the Source Warehouse and stock of FG item increases in the Target Warehouse.

Hope this helps.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Thanks Umair. It helped a lot.

But I still have some queries.

1. About customizing the form “Quotation Item”, I am talking about the Standard Print Format only. The changes don’t reflect in standard print views too.

2. About the taxes, I have created “Input VAT @ 5%”, “Input VAT @ 14%”, “Output VAT @ 5%” and “Output VAT @ 14%” accounts under Duties and Taxes. I have linked input vat accounts with “VAT @ 5%” and “VAT @ 14%” created under Purchase Tax and similarly linked output vat accounts with Sales Tax. Now lets say for item ‘A’ I have selected “Input VAT @ 5%” and “Output VAT @ 5%” under Item Tax in Item Master and for item ‘B’ i have selected “Input VAT @ 14%” and “Output VAT @ 14%” in Item Tax in Item Master. 
   Now if I want to sell both these items under same bill how can i do it?? I tried but did not find any control over individual items for tax. And if I enter the tax amounts manually how would the customer know different tax rates applicable on different items?? 

On Thursday, 6 June 2013 16:02:07 UTC+5:30, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Hello Satish,

Replies below.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Satish <sa…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

1. I was trying to give quotations to customers when I faced an issue. The quotation did not have my company name. I tried to generate a simple company letter with just typed company name and address. I am not adding any scanned image. I am unable to complete the second step. On the top it says  Step 2: Upload your letter head image / set html content directly  When I press 'Upload' nothing happens. What should I do.

If you are entering text directly in ERNext, it should be written HTML. The editor in Letter Head from can only read HTML content.

Example:

2. How do I customize the "Print View" of "Quotation" . I went to Customize Form>Quotation Item  and checked "Print Hide" for column "Item Code". I saved and refreshed the form but the changes do not reflect in the quotations I have already generated neither do the changes reflect in new quotations generated. 

The changes made in Customize form view will only reflect in the Standard Print Format. The non-standard Print Formats (Classic, Modern, Spartan) is managed via HTML stored in Setup >> Print Format.

3. When I search something somewhere for example search items while making quotation I have to start searching exactly with the beginning characters. It doesn't search from in-between the phrases or long multiple words item codes. Can I change this behaviour??

For wild card search, enter % (percent sign) in the beginning of key search word.

For example, if search for ERPNext, and you can only collect next, then in search, enter %next.

4. Under the Duties and Taxes I have created accounts "Input VAT @ 5%" and "Output VAT @ 5%". In the item master I need to choose Item tax. What do I choose, Input or Output VAT. Selecting Input VAT means every time I make Sales entry I need to change tax account to Output and vice versa. 

You can maintain separate tax master for sales and purchase transactions. Check following links.

If you rate tax rate pulled from Item master, then you should select both VAT Input and VAT output in your item master. In Sales Tax master, select Output VAT and in Purchase tax master, select Input VAT.

Make an item for customized products. Everytime, when selling customized item, select that item code. You can make changes in Item Name and Description to enter specification of customized item.

Secondly, we do a lot of custom work where the the same design could made in different stones with different sizes. Lets say design '1' could be made in any stone 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D' in any size. By any size I mean the design could be scaled up or down or kept in same proportions but repeated to fit the size. This customization in stone and size also changes the machining time which the basis of our cost. So in this case how do you suggest I create my items and BOMs.

You will have to create an item for design + stone size. If one design has 4 sizes, then you will have to create four item codes.

Since your production is not standard, instead of using BOM, you can use Repack function in the Stock Entry. Using this function, you can easily repack one item into another. The qty of item raw item reduced from the Source Warehouse and stock of FG item increases in the Target Warehouse.

Hope this helps.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Satish,

Replies below.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Satish <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

1. About customizing the form "Quotation Item", I am talking about the Standard Print Format only. The changes don't reflect in standard print views too.

Just checked locally and it worked fine in my test account. Hope you are checking print format after clearing cache and refreshing browser.

2. About the taxes, I have created "Input VAT @ 5%", "Input VAT @ 14%", "Output VAT @ 5%" and "Output VAT @ 14%" accounts under Duties and Taxes. I have linked input vat accounts with "VAT @ 5%" and "VAT @ 14%" created under Purchase Tax and similarly linked output vat accounts with Sales Tax. Now lets say for item 'A' I have selected "Input VAT @ 5%" and "Output VAT @ 5%" under Item Tax in Item Master and for item 'B' i have selected "Input VAT @ 14%" and "Output VAT @ 14%" in Item Tax in Item Master.
Now if I want to sell both these items under same bill how can i do it?? I tried but did not find any control over individual items for tax. And if I enter the tax amounts manually how would the customer know different tax rates applicable on different items??

To address above scenario, you should setup master in following ways.
  1. Mention tax applicable on item in the item master.
  2. Select all possible taxes applicable on the items in the Sales / Purchase Tax master.
  3. Don't mention tax rate in the Sales / Purchase Tax master. It should be just zero.

If item and tax master is configured in that way, the tax rate applicable on the item will be pulled from the Item master selected in the transaction. Considering the above scenario, for Item A, tax rate of Input / Out VAT @ 5 will be pulled from item master. Same way, Input / Output VAT @ 14 will be pulled for item B.

The other tax selected in tax master won't be applicable on the item, because tax rate mentioned therein would be zero. Hence, on item A, 0% of Input / Output VAT @ 14 will be applied and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

Hello Satish,

Replies below.

Hi

1. I was trying to give quotations to customers when I faced an issue. The quotation did not have my company name. I tried to generate a simple company letter with just typed company name and address. I am not adding any scanned image. I am unable to complete the second step. On the top it says Step 2: Upload your letter head image / set html content directly When I press 'Upload' nothing happens. What should I do.

Example:

2. How do I customize the "Print View" of "Quotation" . I went to Customize Form>Quotation Item and checked "Print Hide" for column "Item Code". I saved and refreshed the form but the changes do not reflect in the quotations I have already generated neither do the changes reflect in new quotations generated.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Perfect. Thanks.

One small thing. Is there any way we can indicate in the quotation which item has been taxes at what percent because only tax aggregates show at the bottom but the customer doesn’t get to know tax rate applicable on individual items. 

On Thursday, 6 June 2013 23:59:56 UTC+5:30, Umair wrote:
Satish,

Replies below.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Satish <sa…@gmail.com> wrote:

1. About customizing the form "Quotation Item", I am talking about the Standard Print Format only. The changes don't reflect in standard print views too.

Just checked locally and it worked fine in my test account. Hope you are checking print format after clearing cache and refreshing browser.

2. About the taxes, I have created "Input VAT @ 5%", "Input VAT @ 14%", "Output VAT @ 5%" and "Output VAT @ 14%" accounts under Duties and Taxes. I have linked input vat accounts with "VAT @ 5%" and "VAT @ 14%" created under Purchase Tax and similarly linked output vat accounts with Sales Tax. Now lets say for item 'A' I have selected "Input VAT @ 5%" and "Output VAT @ 5%" under Item Tax in Item Master and for item 'B' i have selected "Input VAT @ 14%" and "Output VAT @ 14%" in Item Tax in Item Master. 

2. Select all possible taxes applicable on the items in the Sales / Purchase Tax master.
  3. Don't mention tax rate in the Sales / Purchase Tax master. It should be just zero.

If item and tax master is configured in that way, the tax rate applicable on the item will be pulled from the Item master selected in the transaction. Considering the above scenario, for Item A, tax rate of Input / Out VAT @ 5 will be pulled from item master. Same way, Input / Output VAT @ 14 will be pulled for item B.

The other tax selected in tax master won't be applicable on the item, because tax rate mentioned therein would be zero. Hence, on item A, 0% of Input / Output VAT @ 14 will be applied and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

Hello Satish,

Replies below.

Hi

1. I was trying to give quotations to customers when I faced an issue. The quotation did not have my company name. I tried to generate a simple company letter with just typed company name and address. I am not adding any scanned image. I am unable to complete the second step. On the top it says  Step 2: Upload your letter head image / set html content directly  When I press 'Upload' nothing happens. What should I do.

Example:

2. How do I customize the "Print View" of "Quotation" . I went to Customize Form>Quotation Item  and checked "Print Hide" for column "Item Code". I saved and refreshed the form but the changes do not reflect in the quotations I have already generated neither do the changes reflect in new quotations generated. 

Hope this helps.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

For now Item-wise tax breakup is not available for print format. As a work around, you can update it in item's description or in custom column in item table.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Satish <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Perfect. Thanks.

One small thing. Is there any way we can indicate in the quotation which item has been taxes at what percent because only tax aggregates show at the bottom but the customer doesn't get to know tax rate applicable on individual items.

On Thursday, 6 June 2013 23:59:56 UTC+5:30, Umair wrote:
Satish,

Replies below.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Satish <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hope this helps.

Hello Satish,

Replies below.

Hi

Example:

Hope this helps.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com