File Max Size for an Doctype

As we set the max_file_size in System settings for overall ERP system but i want to set Overall max_file_size as 25 MB and for particular doctype i want to set 5 MB only so we can achieve this scenario?

Hi,

Yes, you can define different attachment size for one doctype by clicking Customize Form and under Form Settings define the Max attachments size:

Thanks,

Divyesh M.

That Max Attachments option is for No of an attachment not size of an attachments.

Hii @Rehan_Ansari

In the site_config.json file, add the following:

"max_file_size": 52428800,

where the number represents the maximum file size in bytes (equivalent to 50MB).
This setting applies to the whole site.
Implementing different max_file_size values for different doctypes is not clear to me at the moment, but this solution should useful for the entire site.

Hello @Manav_Mandli,

It is just an use case like they want to set 25MB for entire System but for CRM Doctypes they restrict their user to 5MB only.

But how we can achieve that i think there will be an option in Doctype to set Max Attachment Size for Doctype level.

Hi,

Please try the following Client script to limit the attachment size on particular doctype:

frappe.ui.form.on('Lead', {
    validate: function(frm) {
        // Get the attachments field
        var attachments = frm.doc.attachments || [];

// Iterate through attachments
        attachments.forEach(function(attachment) {
            // Check if the attachment size is greater than 5MB (5242880 bytes)
            if (attachment.file_size > 5242880) {
                // Show an error message
                frappe.msgprint(__("Attachment '{0}' is greater than 5MB and cannot be uploaded.", [attachment.file_name]));

// Remove the attachment
                frm.doc.attachments = frm.doc.attachments.filter(function(attach) {
                    return attach.name !== attachment.name;
                });

// Refresh the attachments section
                frm.refresh_field('attachments');
            }
        });
    }
});

The above example is for Lead Doctype in CRM.

Thanks,

Divyesh M.