Finding what PO a Purchase Receipt originated from

Hi All,

There does not appear to be a way to see where a document originated from or if it was created "from scratch"

My specific use case nos is that I generated a Purchase Receipt from a PO, but there is no reference or mention of the PO number on the Purchase Receipt, making back tracking rather difficult.

It's possible to create an Opportunity and from that record, through conversion go to -> Sales Order -> Material Request -> PO -> Payment Receipt 

From what I can understand, it is not possible to start with a payment receipt and then browse backwards in that chain of events.

Any thoughts? Perhaps I'm missing something obvious? :)
-Jev

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hello Jev,

Try Linked With option to see other entries linked with a record.

Inline image 1

You are true that going backward in the chain of transaction is not possible. We suggest customer to follow the chain, as it reduces the need for data entry in the final transactions like Receipt and Invoice.

Hope this helps.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Jev Björsell <eb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

There does not appear to be a way to see where a document originated from or if it was created "from scratch"

My specific use case nos is that I generated a Purchase Receipt from a PO, but there is no reference or mention of the PO number on the Purchase Receipt, making back tracking rather difficult.

It's possible to create an Opportunity and from that record, through conversion go to -> Sales Order -> Material Request -> PO -> Payment Receipt

From what I can understand, it is not possible to start with a payment receipt and then browse backwards in that chain of events.

-Jev

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Hi Umair,

Linked with should show previous transaction from the chain as well since many a times the backward tracking is also needed but is not possible from the linked with field and hence we need to go to item detail of that transaction and if there are too many items in the transactions with more than 1 PO then it becomes too difficult and hence a linked with for reverse cycle would also be great in the future.

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 12:25:10 PM UTC+5:30, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Hello Jev,

Try Linked With option to see other entries linked with a record.

Inline image 1

You are true that going backward in the chain of transaction is not possible. We suggest customer to follow the chain, as it reduces the need for data entry in the final transactions like Receipt and Invoice.

Hope this helps.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Jev Björsell <eb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

-Jev

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.