Finished goods transfer, stock entry and valuation

Hello everyone from Accra Ghana!
I’ve created a production order for item X for 250,000 pieces. I’ve done transfer of raw materials just fine. The system generated raw material stock entry for the production that works fine. However, not ALL of product X has been manufactured yet. Only 27500 has been transferred from the production floor to the warehouse.

Now I want to replicate this in the system. However it’s not working. When I hit update FG on the production order, the stock entry the system generated requires that I transfer all of the 250,000, otherwise I get an error that says

Quantity in row 2 (27500.0) must be same as manufactured quantity 250000
Did not save

It is important to note it is only the system generated finished goods transfer from production order that has the valuation cost for the finished goods. If I make a manual stock entry to transfer the 27500, I don’t know what cost to use, how much raw material/has been consumed yet etc.

Essentially, the system shouldn’t mandate that the stock entry generated from the transfer finished goods button on the production order necessarily transfer all the finished goods. I’m stuck in a case where I can’t transfer part of the manufactured goods from the production floor because using stock entry requires I manually compute the valuation of finished goods, how much raw materials is consumed at this point and so on.

So how I do partial finished goods transfer from production and have a system generated valuation rate for the finished goods and updated valuation in work in progress as well?

Found solution as per Manufactured goods valuation - #2 by sinaisix

Hello,

To create partial entry for finished goods, you should update Manufacturing Qty in the Update Finish Goods Entry, and the click on Get Items. You will have to click on “View Details” button in the Stock Entry to view Bill of Materials section.

Based on the manufacturing quantity, system will update quantity for FG as well as raw-material items in the item table.

Hello,

To create partial entry for finished goods, you should update Manufacturing Qty in the Update Finish Goods Entry, and the click on Get Items. You will have to click on “View Details” button in the Stock Entry to view Bill of Materials section.

Based on the manufacturing quantity, system will update quantity for FG as well as raw-material items in the item table.

You’re right. Because that field was hidden, took me quite some time to
figure it out. Thanks