Fiscal Year - Naming Series Problem v14.31.3

Hello Friends,

I have installed ERPNEXT on a fresh UBUNTU 22.04 LTS server running on Hyper-V of Windows Server2012 r2. I got ERPNEXT v14.31.3 on my server.

After complete installation, I set the fiscal year 2023-24 and customized the naming series of Purchase order to PO.FY.### which should generate a naming series of PO2023-24001 but it generates POFY001.

All other naming options i.e. YY, MM, YYYY etc works fine.:

But as soon as I put .FY. in Naming series, it throws an error:

The similar behavior was observed on naming series of Sales Order, Quotation, RFQ, Supplier Quotation etc.

I believe that it is bug carried forward from v14.31.2 because before that it was working fine.

Can anyone help me on fixing this issue?

Hi @TRACKOMATIC_INDIA,

It worked on the latest version of erpnext version 14.

Please check it.

Thank You!

Many Thanks for your kind and quick response. It is not working on my installation. I am not a software person, hence I am unable to figure out the problem.

Blockquote

can you suggest a solution to my situation, please? had I done something wrong?

If manually installed erpnext then update the version using the command.

Please first take a backup then after apply the commnad.

bench update

// OR 

bench update --reset

Thank You!

Hi @NCP

Thanks again for your quick support. I have updated the bench using both the methods. it updates successfully and I am on ERPNEXT v14.31.3, I have tried to update the bench many times without any good luck to remove this error.

While installing fresh, I used “nvm isntall 20” instead of “nvm install 16.50” for npm. can it be a problem? shall i switch back to nvm 16.50?

Moreover, I am running UBUNTU 22.04 (Fresh Installation) on Hyper-v at Windows Server 2012 r2. I have assigned 8GB ram and 1TB storage to the Hyper -V machine on which the ERPNEXT is installed.

I am not able to identify any other deviation from installation guide and my setup.

your help will be highly appreciable.

Hello Friends,

Following the above discussion, I have created a fresh virtual Machine with Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS server and installed the ERPENXT14 on it.

Upon first time setup, I re-confirm that there is a serious problem with the Fiscal Year Settings in v14.31.3 of ERPNEXT.

Here are the versions of all the installed apps:

Problem

1. There is no option to set Fiscal Year as Default:

2. Fiscal Year ".FY. " is no more working in Naming Series.

can anyone please help???

When fiscal year is default then that button not showing.

Hi @mohsininspire

Thanks for your response!

I haven’t set fiscal year as default as I didn’t get any option to do so.

I have created a fresh VM and installed everything from scratch. Can you suggest a workaround for this problem?

When you do setup wizard at that time automatically created based on your financial year.

Hi @mohsininspire

Sorry to bother you rapidly. but at the setup wizard, financial year is not asked if you are installing v14.31.3 on a fresh server.

I have installed this server 3rd time today.

am I doing something wrong?

:frowning:

When you setup wizard, is it comes?

@mohsininspire

It comes but I get only 3 steps:

1. Language
  2. Name
    3 Compnay and Bank

then it goes to complete setup.

In 3rd step, there is Financial Year.

Yes, I followed the installation as advised on this link:

can you advise any other guide to follow for fresh installation of ERPNEXT on UBUNTU 22.04 LTS server?

Hello,
I found this installation guide very useful.