"Fixing Autocomplete Issue with Frappe in VS Code on Linux and Docker Environment: Solution

While working with Frappe in VS Code within a Linux and Docker environment, I faced an issue where autocomplete was not functioning properly. The code suggestions and methods were not displaying, although hover tooltips were working as expected. Through careful troubleshooting, I found that the issue was tied to the Python interpreter path in this specific setup. By correctly setting the python.defaultInterpreterPath to ${workspaceFolder}/frappe-bench/env/bin/python , I was able to solve the problem and restore autocomplete functionality. This solution ensures that the editor has access to all necessary libraries and packages related to the interpreter, enabling a seamless coding experience. If you are working with Frappe in a similar environment and facing issues with autocomplete in VS Code, you may find this fix beneficial.

2 Likes

Just commenting here thanking you for taking the time and post the solution. It works and saved me the headache.

Thank You!