I did also test the SQL commands on a test-system. I updated tabGL Entry and tabPurchase Invoice and on the front-end interface, I can see the GL is updated
and opening an invoice that previously had no Cost-Center field, now displayes the
Cost Center field.
The only thing is … I will have to do the entries one by one because when I created an
SQL statement with a “*” in it complained. So, either I do one by one or try writing a script.
The thing with a script is , one has to be very sure it does what you want it to do … otherwise one can start a script and it can run through my entire database and perhaps do other things !! And also, its not like the corrections must be performed from entry 1 -40 …
its a few corrections here … and then a few further on…etc.
Anyway. its better than to have to scrap the server and enter all invoices again by hand !!!
I see there are cost_center fields for
so these are the tables I shall tackle one by one.