Form customization issue

I’m making a large number of customizations to the “Customer” form, and unfortunately have a situation where now the form doesn’t save.

Every now and then I get the following error pop up:

pymysql.err.OperationalError: (1118, 'Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs')

Anyway, I’ve had to rebuild the site and now I’m wondering what the best practice is for making many customizations to core DocTypes? Is there an easier way to do it than with the customize form? Re-doing all of my changes and having this error happen again worries me.

Hi:

Seems you’ve added a lot of new data … this error comes from MariaDB. I don’t know if some tunning on db engine settings can solve it … and the consequences …

IMHO, sometimes, the better way is make another doctype with additional fields and link customer doctype to it.

Maybe other users with more experience can share their thoughts.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the odd thing, as I seemingly hadn’t added any significant amount of data to the site yet. There must have been an error that blew out some field in the db :frowning:

Your idea is an interesting one! I’ll explore that, thanks for the suggestion.