[Frappe App] Google Calendar Integration

Hello Team,

We are working on Google Calendar integration with ERPNext. Events created by the user on Google calendar will be synced with ERPNext and vice versa.

Release Details:
For first phase we are considering,

1. User will be able to sync google’s primary calendar of selected account.
  2. User can create and updates the records, from google to erp and Vice Versa.

In a nutshell:

1. Bi-Directional events sync (Google Calendar to ERP and vise versa)
  2. Based on OAuth

We would like to share this app. Your inputs would be valuable.

Regards,
Saurabh
New Indictranstech Pvt Ltd

12 Likes

That’s an awesome idea. So many small & medium companies are using Google Apps for business. So any integration with Google Apps is welcome.
In the same idea… how feasable is it to integrate the back up (or sync the db) with Google Drive instead of Dropbox.

Best,

François

1 Like

Agreed, Adding Google Calendar and Doc’s would be amazing. Please keep us posted on development.

It would be amazing…, however I prefer Google Drive/Docs integration in addition of DropBox.

But since this is a custom app, I just concern about maintaining update compatibility to avoid conflicts/issues when updating bench frappe/erpnext…

Thanks

Of course Google Drive / Docs integration in addition of Dropbox is preferable of just “instead” :wink:

BTW … any update on this? Can we even try it?

Best,

François

Hello Team,

Thanks . Hopefully, will release 1st version of GCal in upcoming week.

Great Effort and Thank you

Hello Team,

Please consider link for Google Calendar App.

Note
Currently application not supporting for recurring event syncing.

4 Likes

Good work.

Thanks.

1 Like

@rmehta Can you add this functionality in the core product? I was wondering there may be many developers who have no problem sharing their code and getting credited for it.

Also, I think these products should be tested by erpnext team before they are deployed for use by erpnext users.

Google Calendar integration is a very good thing if it’s safe!

3 Likes

+1 to this

It would be a great addon to the core product and allow us paying users access to some much needed features.

Brent Glover
RespInnovation

1 Like

+1 from me as well :+1:
Definitely would appreciate calendar integration, either Google Calendar or CalDAV!

+1 from me as well regarding the Google Calendar integration!

I would also love seeing this to be tested by Frappe and implemented as an easy to install App @rushabh_mehta

@saurabh6790 already working on this.

2 Likes

I am getting error while install GCAL app. Could you please help?
Raised issue here

Need it urgently :cry: Please help.

try bench migrate

Same error. Already tried. Is it possible to get the logs why it might be failing?
I can see the app GCAL Sync in the Frappe Desk but it only half installed. There is no option for setting gmail id and api key.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for help. At last I was able to make things work.

1. Upgraded to latest version 6.
  2. Started redis cache server.
  3. Dropped the site using bench drop-site mysite and again created it.
  4. Added the apps from Frappe Desk.

Things are running smooth now. ERPNext and Frappe Bench are really great tools. Thanks again.

Hi Saurabh,

I tried your GCAL integration,

What i did was

1. upgraded to latest version
  2. update the dependency
  3. bench get-app gcal GitHub - indictranstech/GCAL
  4. then install the module through the UI in erpnext.

however when i wanted to setup individual profile and save it using my email address, this error come out

Traceback (innermost last):
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 69, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 20, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 37, in execute_cmd
ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 801, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/gcal/gcal/gcal_sync/doctype/sync_configuration/sync_configuration.py”, line 92, in sync_calender
credentials = store.get()
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/oauth2client/client.py”, line 396, in get
return self.locked_get()
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/oauth2client/keyring_storage.py”, line 88, in locked_get
content = keyring.get_password(self._service_name, self._user_name)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keyring/core.py”, line 42, in get_password
return _keyring_backend.get_password(service_name, username)
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keyring/backends/fail.py”, line 18, in get_password
raise RuntimeError("No recommended backend was available. Install the "
RuntimeError: No recommended backend was available. Install the keyrings.alt package if you want to use the non-recommended backends. See README.rst for details.

it seemed the keyring failed in get password and state no recomended backend was available.

Can you help me with what i am still lacking?

Thanks and apreciated

Anton