Frappe CRM Live Launch & Release

The market perceives ERP and CRM as different product categories. There are a few overlaps, but they are not very significant (and we can build some basic integrations there).

@vic-t No we are not replacing ERPNext with a new license. At the time of publishing ERPNext, I wasn’t aware of AGPL - I just chose GPL because copyleft and Linux / Wordpress were using GPL.

The goal with these new apps is to make more crafted experiences for users. Small companies can continue to use core ERPNext with CRM and other features out of the box.

@DCRob yes will also upgrade the Framework UI with the new designs sometime soon.

@avc @Void_Moon Yes, the response to the new CRM is overwhelming - maybe it will have more users than ERPNext pretty soon!

3 Likes

yes will also upgrade the Framework UI with the new designs sometime soon.

Thank you for the response @rmehta . It’s good to know the Frappe/ERPNext UX will be improved to more closely match the newer standalone apps.

The market perceives ERP and CRM as different product categories

I’m not sure I agree that a well-integrated CRM isn’t considered by the market to be a necessary part of a comprehensive ERP system, but if the goal is to offer a standalone CRM product to other customers that might not need a full-blown ERP, then I can see the logic to the approach.

I just can’t help wondering if there was a way to still make it part of the ERPNext application and database, but tweak the installation and workspace menus to allow access to just the CRM module if that’s all the customer wants at that point.

1 Like

@Void_Moon
+
at least as many languages as ERPNext exist now

1 Like

When will version 16 be released