Frappe Developer Tutorial video series - questions?

Hi all,

I am watching this video

Few questions.

1. The 1st video shows a more simplified wizard to complete a setup. But in the ERPNext (production setup as recommended by another person here), I have to fill up so many info e.g. customer name, supplier name, product name. How could I get to that simplified wizard? I do prefer not having to enter customer, supplier … quite annoying, to be honest. Like Odoo, it gives that kind of flexibility.

2. When I follow the 1st video and go into the 2nd video, i can’t find the meeting module in the doctype setup. Any idea why? I couldn’t figure out why.

Note: I do noticed the docs here aren’t quite updated. I hope this can be fixed soon :slight_smile:

Any help? Thanks.

The wizard you see is short because only frappe is installed on new site [6:25]. If ERPNext is installed on a fresh site the wizard is longer.

so you mean even in video 2, erpnext is not installed? i thought in video 2, that’s erpnext where you can add doctype?

Hi @ericmachine88

Frappe Framework is what ERPNext is developed on. So ERPNext is essentially a Frappe App.

I recommend going through the text tutorial first to get more information about how things work. Also, please don’t hesitate to PM me if you’re having troubles with the documentation being outdated or not being clear enough.

i see, so the whole interface is actually frappe

i do wonder, what if some screens i want to have custom views, maybe using vue.js to create better experiences (not the look alike of frappe screens), is that doable? or should i create a whole headless erpnext by myself?

add the vue.js in hooks.py, public/js/ and build.json of custom app and it seems doable, I tried this with an example Chart.js tutorial and It works in Desk as well as web view.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I followed the tutorial here
https://frappe.github.io/frappe/user/en/tutorial/roles.html

I couldn’t find the setup link.

If look at the previous steps below
https://frappe.github.io/frappe/user/en/tutorial/start.html (there’s no setup icon or link too)

Any idea? Thanks.

You have to use “Bench” to install Frappe and other dependencies.

well i followed the tutorials and believed i did… i can see developer icon exactly the like the screenshot

just can’t see setup icon :frowning:

Ah, sorry, you can access Setup from the search above.

i got this error, any help?

i already did a bench update, no difference :frowning:

Traceback (innermost last):
File “/home/eric/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 57, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/eric/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/eric/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 36, in execute_cmd
ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/eric/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 806, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
TypeError: get() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)

any help? i wonder this is a bug? as i follow the exacts steps based on the tutorial.