Frappe Docker Single Server or Docker Swarm or Kubernetes? Need Expert guidance

You are right, It works when we internal IP, but partially. The containers are getting identified. But portainer is finding difficulty in getting the volumes, due to which, logs and console are not accessible.

Further portainer becomes very slow as soon as we add a swarm node. With single manager node it works blazingly fast.

There is some serious configuration issue with respect to networks and firewall or even the way I had setup the volumes.

Anyone was successful setting up a cluster for the VMs in GCP can help here with steps or articles.

You will not find docker volumes, Each node has its own docker volumes under /var/lib/docker/volumes, it’ll be separate for nodes. To have them common you need to mount them via nfs or managed nfs. Best way to deploy new versions of custom app in self hosted docker setup - #13 by revant_one

Your database also need to be labeled and scheduled on same node everytime to access same volumes. Basically anything that has volume either need to be handled via nfs or lock it to same node.

Haven’t used multi-managers. Kubernetes can be re-thought if control-plane HA is needed.

I have achieved 1 manager, 2 worker,
NFS or Managed NFS for sites volume,
DBaaS or node locked stack or separate VM for DB.
Beyond that I’ll keep adding workers.
If I need anything more complex I’ll move to K8s.

Thanks @revant_one ,

Looks like I need to do couple more steps before I can achieve a stable swarm.

I wanted to achieve regional databases like we discussed earlier.

The whole idea is to have containerised databases with the regional node.
In such case how the configuration of NFS and DB should look like.

Have db in labelled nodes?
NFS server as per region and configured in stack?

Let me give a try to set this up over the weekend and share my experience