Frappe SEO and use as a CMS?

I currently use Wordpress for most projects that need a CMS. However, I’m interested in using Frappe Framework for an upcoming project. This would be a business directory site, and as such it would need good SEO.

Is Frappe Framework suitable as a public-facing website CMS system?

Frappe is highly customizable and allows for the creation of robust data models, making it a good candidate for a business directory website where various types of data and relationships might be needed.

While SEO isn’t about the framework itself as much as how you use it, Frappe does allow for SEO optimization. It supports customization of meta tags, titles, and URLs, which are fundamental for SEO. However, you might need to manually ensure that all SEO best practices are implemented.

Website speed and responsiveness are crucial for SEO and user experience. Frappe is built to be efficient and fast, but like any framework, the final performance will depend on the specific implementation, hosting environment, and optimization strategies you employ.

Frappe has a growing community and a good amount of community support, plugins, and integrations available, which can be beneficial for extending the functionality of your site.

If you’re coming from a WordPress background, there might be a learning curve associated with Frappe Framework, as it involves working directly with Python and JavaScript. However, if you’re comfortable with these technologies, Frappe offers a powerful platform for building custom applications.

2 Likes

I remembered this, you might be interested

From what I’ve gathered, ensuring good site speed and responsiveness is key for SEO and user satisfaction, and Frappe seems designed to handle that well. For anyone familiar with WordPress, diving into Frappe might involve a learning curve, but it offers robust features once you’re comfortable with Python and JavaScript. If you’re looking to simplify internal linking for SEO, I came across this neat WordPress plugin called CrawlSpider that automates the process nicely. The SEO capabilities are solid, especially with the ability to customize meta tags and URLs, which is crucial.