Free Livechat integration APP - Community Feedback requested

@frahergal,
Great Feature and great work :smile:

Regards,
Nishant Jariwala

1 Like

Excellent job @frahergal!!!

We here are in the process of making a contact base synchronizable with Google Contacts, next week we start the code.

All the best!!!

1 Like

@Mike_Krol @ruchin78 @Nishant_Jariwala @WhiteKarma Thank you to all of you for your comments and support. If you have any comment, request or question just say it, we are currently on the beginning phase of the development :grinning:

@WhiteKarma I wish you also all the best in the development of your project! It is very useful tool what you are planning to develop.

Best regards to all!

I also would like to listen your opinion about one solution that came to me from one member of our team. What do you think about adapting the APP Messages that is already on Frappe to make it work as a Livechat also instead of making another independent APP?
That would lead to make the necessary changes to apply our requirements to the Messages APP on Frappe.

2 Likes

@frahergal & anybody: I wonder what’s the more efficent way to give practical feedback and discuss functionality of the livechat App

here in this topic or through the [issues on your github repository www.github.com/semilimes/livechat/issues

i always thought erpnext have already live chat, isnt it?

if not then Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat Job and great addition guys. :stuck_out_tongue:

@frahergal depends on what you want to do. The ERPNext chat interface is still pretty raw, but we would love to make it more mainstream and usable.

1 Like

@vrms Well, I think both ways are fine for reporting feedback. Of course when is matters of fixing an issue, or request a new specific functionality, I think Github is a perfect place for that. But to discuss some points and talk about what we want to achieve, I think this post is fine.

@ramielian Indeed, it has a chat on the APP Messages, but is something internal, we want to create a Livechat to make that the customers will be able to communicate with the agents from a company from any website.

@rmehta As I said to ramielian, our main goal is to make possible the communication from customers or guests with agents. This means that at first the customer could not be registered on the system, but just looking on the company’s website and ask questions to the agents, who will be ERPNext users. So actually, it differs with the Message APP on that.

@frahergal ok, then the live chat should be added in support form and in sales, to make sales men use it to answer sales queries and make workers / other branches contact support teams :smile: am i right?

i used to have live chat helper ( https://livehelperchat.com/ ) for this before, but its a bit hard to keep up with the bugs in it… and it made some effect on load times.

@frahergal That’s really great idea. Is it possible to make this chat XMPP-complaint?

@frahergal I have installed the livechat and (as you have mentioned) it seems to be very basic still.

Do you have a roadmap of the features you plan to add that could be posted in the repository or do you prefer everybody just throwing feature requests at you?

@ramielian For now we are keeping it as a separate module or APP, but you gave a good point, it could be categorized depending of the customers questions. Thank you!

@strixaluco I don’t know if that would be possible as I don’t have knowledge of XMPP protocol, but maybe someone here can help us regarding this question :smile:

@vrms We are following a progressive agile development, so the features are being developed bit by bit without a detailed definition of the requirements. We wanted to know the opinion of the community to share an useful APP for the most users possible.

1 Like

yes, you mentioned that and I think it’s great. So practically if I think something should be done in a certain way I’ll just open an issue then and you’ll probably prioritize those in a meaningful way, right?

1 Like

@frahergal I see. Just wanted to mention that with XMPP it would be convenient for operators/support agents to chat using native desktop and mobile clients. For instance, at [Olark][1] they went this way. We are using their chat for our web-store and we really find XMPP compliance very useful.

And also that would be with truly open-source spirit :blush:
[1]: https://www.olark.com

2 Likes

@vrms Yes, we want to hear the opinion of the community but also to prioritize with our needs and development ideas. So it will depend on complexity, our work load, etc.

@strixaluco I will have a look at it then! It looks an interesting approach :smile: Thank you!

1 Like

There is a new version of the Livechat APP available on our GitHub: https://github.com/semilimes/livechat

One of the main changes is the creation of a webpage that will act as the client side of the APP:

You can read the instructions about how to use it on the README file.

2 Likes

the repo does not exist anymore or its not public.

1 Like

I have the feeling that Semilimes has disappeared as quick as they have appeared on the scene somewhat

there is a fork of the repo existing (which might not contain the most recent code though, but maybe at least something to start with)

1 Like

Hey man, I am testing this software. I think it is simple and quite clear. I will tell you my experience in Coderbunker.

@Alberto_Galan

do you have any intention to revive this project and make it work/integrate with the core code? As far as I know this is not a finalized project and has been abandoned by it’s creators. I think a sophisticated chat functionality may be benificial to ERPNext, so if anyone would continue this it would serve a good cause.

As you are new to this community … generally there is a tendency to try to merge everything which is not complete niche functionality to the mainline codebase rather then maintaining many apps (quite the opposite approach then odoo).

I personally am undecided yet whether that’s the best way to go, but it’s the policy of the core team.

That being said … still separate Apps can exist, they will just not be available for users of the hosted (xxx.erpnext.com) instances and someone will have to maintain them so they’ll be working continuously.

EDIT: by the way … this is the original developer, if you want to get in touch frahergal (Francisco Javier Hernández) · GitHub

1 Like